Will An Sensi Bloom A/b Interfere With Microbes And Other Beneficial?

• Thread starter cirezed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cirezed

cirezed

1.Do synthetic nutes (in my case Sensi bloom and GH cal mag) kill beneficials.
2. Is it possible to introduce red wiggler worms into a soil grow that contain these products?
3. Is it still beneficial to use compost teas and other soil life builders while using Sensi Bloom and GH cal mag

This is my first grow.

I was intending an all organic grow but I slacked and ran out of research time and then prep time. I also didn't do anything regarding microbes until week 2 or 3 until I was given a trial pack of Microbe Life products so I used them. I am unsure whether they worked or not.

Last week in a pinch I bought the GH cal mag and Sensi bloom nutes as these were what was available in the size and price i needed.

I started using
GH cal mag in week 5 ;
AN Sensi Bloom this week (week 6)

4 Northern Lights Autoflowers

Organics
Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil in 3 gal smart pots
Microbe life - Photosynthesis Plus/Nourish L/Veg & fruit Yield enhancer/Foiler Spray
Liquid Karma
Kelp
Mollasses
Synthetics
AN Sensi Bloom a/b
GH Calmag .5 t

Thanks in advance.

boostedkye13

boostedkye13

Using synthetics will definitely kill off the microbes and beneficial bacteria in your soil, however you can still add red worms and they should have some benefit to the soil but just remember that all the beneficial casting that the worms will be producing, will not have as much of a effect do to the synthetics constantly killing of the microbes. you can always spray with compost tea once a week during veg to still reap the benefits of tea and help fight off bugs and pm.

straincreation

straincreation

Where did you get that salts do harm as a fact. Better wording might be to say "excessive salts harm".

Answer me this if you would...

Why do microbes make the inorganic ion salts that plants need in the first place?

If you answer that you might be more careful with your wording about salts. That is all im saying. Ive been using sensi for years and with caps my micobes have never been more abundant. Take it with a grain of salt but there is alot out there on this subject just gotta take the time to find out what is real.

So again Why do microbes break down organic matter into inorganic ions/nutrients?

Ever had strep throat? Then you had a throat culture? What did the doctor use to grow the bacteria? Did the Petri dish contain gel, carbohydrates, and inorganic salts? Why are the salts used in a Petri dish if they kill microbes?

Or how about a study form Nigeria? They are trying to find a way to take a waste stream from producing cormel flour and convert it into a protein source. They are trying to do this by breeding fungi A. oryzae in the waste and letting it synthesize the proteins.

What happened when they added these supposed bad salts to the sample?

"Protein content of substrate enriched with the mutant fungal strain was higher than that enriched with the wild strain. Addition of (NH4)2SO4, NH4NO3, NH4Cl, and urea to Xanthosoma solid process waste increased the growth rate of mutant, with the highest increase observed with urea. Medium amended with urea also had the highest protein level of 26.23% strain compared to a protein yield of 17.41% obtained in the control with no added nitrogen."
http://www.bioline.org.br/request?jb03046

Why did adding these salts increase the fungal population if it harms the fungi?

Once again, why do the microbes break complex organic matter down into the inorganic ions in the first place? Perhaps plants are not the only ones that need them broken down before they can use them to build things? ding ding ding? Think we might have a winner.
Happy farmin;)

P.s. probally not the best to spread what you heard here and there. Im not the smartest mf but trial and error will usually suffice, or lots and lots of reading.

Latest posts

Top Bottom