Will Bud Blood slow down stretch?

• Thread starter mikeross
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mikeross

mikeross

I am currently growing out a pk cut that is know to be a slow vegger and stays really short.

I have been doing everything I can do to try and get these girls to stretch up to 36". I was planning on hitting them with bud blood first week bloom until I read numerous post regarding bud blood and it causing plants to stop the stretch in the first 3 weeks of bloom.

So it the above true? Am I going to hurt my yield if I flip my girls at 32" and hit them with bud blood.

I really want them to stretch out. I was advised by a friend to switch over to the AN connie if I were to run this pk cut again. He has grown the same pk cut and got it to yield big. He runs AN connie in his OG grows but using sensi ab for the first two weeks of bloom to reduce stretch then finishes with Connie.

Its crazy expensive but my friend swears by the stuff. He uses it with big bud, overdrive and house and garden additives.

anyways, need some insight on the bud blood.

thanks guys

C

crossouttheiis

From what I have noticed bud blood does help stops the stretch. I haven't grown out pk though. I assume though anything with higher pk numbers would stop stretch though. Maybe go without anything for the first couple weeks then switch to what your middle additive is.

Crysmatic

Crysmatic

fyi, i've posted a diy recipe for old connoisseur plus big bud - same as new connie (fatman's diy). it can be made for $15 for a gallon, instead of $190. AN products are geared to soil growing. ammonia and urea are not good in hydro. the recipe is more suitable for dwc. use fert with more n like 3-1-2 npk until the plants hit full bloom to get them big.

C

crossouttheiis

could you provide a link to that I would like to check that out

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Just run 1/2 grow nutes and 1/2 bloom nutes the first 2 weeks you'll get your stretch. Then hit em with just bloom and your booster of choice.
Good luck
BBG

CheechWizard

CheechWizard

I think budblood is now called bug ignitor. AN probably just through some cytokin into the budblood and changed the name. curious why coni is better than sensi?

G

gudkarma

when you note "pk" are you referring to power kush?

dinafem genetics?

if so, what do you think of the final product?
large dense nugs?
yeilder? potent?
clone easy?

everytime i see a pk grow shit looks like a bush of popcorn.

R

robbiedublu

Could be phosphorus and pottasium. Just guessing:dull

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
the purple kush cut that some say is really urkle renamed is a really slow vegging plant. so im gonna go with purple kush.

Crysmatic

Crysmatic

post #93. read the whole thing for instructions. there's a big bud and clearex recipe.

connie is a flowering formula at 5-4-10. there's no connie grow...that's why his friend used sensi grow the first two weeks. you could even use ~2 g/usgal calcium nitrate (11.8-0-0) with connie in early flower. it'll boost it to 6.7-4-10 and add more calcium (don't exceed your ppm). you might also want to try ~1.8 g/usgal of epsom salts throughout.

fyi, botanicare's CNS17 and power flower both have NPK of 2-2-5, which is very close to connie, and they're less than half the price! bud blood has the same effect as big bud...and new connie is basically the old connie plus big bud. you're using sensi grow the first two weeks to add nitrogen and induce stretch - bud blood adds P and keeps your plants from stretching. you might as well just use connie (or whatever) from the beginning of 12/12. does that make sense?

mikeross

mikeross

yup makes perfect sense.

Sorry guys, the pk stands for HA Purple Kush. Next round I am going to split the room and run HA OG and Bubba. I am gonna see which 3 works best with my room specs and continue to grow her out for many runs.

I am not running connie this round. I was just mentioning how my friend said to use it to help with my stretch problems. I was planning to use it next round.

This round I was gonna run the following products in bloom at various weeks obviously...

Advanced sensi A+B bloom,budblood, overdrive & big bug
House & Garden roots excel, multizyme, algen and drip clean.

With the above products what should I add or take away from to induce stretch. I dont really want to go out and sensi grow. Do you think if I add bud blood at the 2nd week it will help with the stretch. I might just go and buy some sensi grow if its the easiest and cheapest solution. I already have all the above items... plants get 24 hours of darkness tomorrow and im gonna flip.

Any insight bro is much appreciated... you sound like you know your nutes very well.

thanks

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
bud blood does help for flower set. If using, use it week 1 and 2. I find half strength works fine for most strains.

Stretchy strains still stretch, fyi, Bud Blood does contain hormones (not listed on label)

I agree with Crysmatic, I would run the grow nutes the 1st 2 weeks for more stretch. I have also found that conni does the same.

mikeross

mikeross

bud blood does help for flower set. If using, use it week 1 and 2. I find half strength works fine for most strains.

Stretchy strains still stretch, fyi, Bud Blood does contain hormones (not listed on label)

I agree with Crysmatic, I would run the grow nutes the 1st 2 weeks for more stretch. I have also found that conni does the same.

thanks i am gonna try it. Will post my results. I honestly have never heard anyone running veg nute in bloom but it does make sense to me.

D

dusty

I find it hella funny to see all these "hells angels" clones floating around ...don't yall know the angels deal in Meth?? LOL

mikeross

mikeross

I find it hella funny to see all these "hells angels" clones floating around ...don't yall know the angels deal in Meth?? LOL

And your point is... You dont think they might also be in the bud business... especially the ones up north?

D

dusty

THe ones here in humboldt definately deal strictly in meth..yea they may have gardens like every one else..but their BUSINESS is glass...:joint: See ya at the Redwood Run

Top Bottom