Will Gnats Cause Rhis?

• Thread starter Yourt16
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Y

Yourt16

I have some big plants looking horrible growing in coco feed Dyna gro. Noticed I have gnats wondering if it's causing this deficiency. Problem started over a month ago

Will gnats cause rhis
Will gnats cause rhis 2
Will gnats cause rhis 3
Will gnats cause rhis 4
Will gnats cause rhis 5
Will gnats cause rhis 6
Homesteader

Homesteader

Damn! Looks like a few things going on. Mag, cal, micros......What are you feeding and how often? and yes pH
Better photo with a natural light? are they white or yellow on new growth?

Looks like iron lockout if yellow from high pH

Y

Yourt16

Damn! Looks like a few things going on. Mag, cal, micros......What are you feeding and how often? and yes pH
Better photo with a natural light? are they white or yellow on new growth?

Looks like iron lockout if yellow from high pH
I'm feeding Dyna gro foliage pro silica and cal mag.. they haven't been drying out very quickly but every 3-4 days, new growth is yellow I'll get more photos in a little

Y

Yourt16

But noticed there is little bugs jumping like fleas and also gnats starting to fly around

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
But noticed there is little bugs jumping like fleas and also gnats starting to fly around
If you have a pocked microscope or high power jewelers loupe pull the plants out of the pots about halfway by gently rolling and loosening the dirt and pulling on the stalk of that plant and the pot to seperate them. Look at the color of the roots, scope the roots with your microscope for root aphids. The flea jumping things could be root aphid nymphs and the flying things might be root aphid flyers.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Fg can fuck your plants right up if not dealt with and left to breed into high numbers.the larvae eat your fine root hairs and roots and wen they're a lot it causes deficiencies cause your plant can't take up nutes but imho you have worse than fungus gnats .is there any kinda powdery looking shit on any o your leaves?i get Fg all the time but my plants have never looked that bad I don't think.were in the world are you?uk,US?if it's fungus gnats get some nematodes and sticky yellow traps and your plants will clear right up in no time atall.if your in the UK pm me and I,ll give u details for ordering the nematodes.if your in the US use google or something to find somewhere in your area that sells em.good luck

T

TripC

Watering/feeding every 3-4 days in coco?!?!?!?! That's way too long! You should be feeding daily or at minimum every other day in coco. Never let coco get anywhere close to drying out. Big problem right there. Plants look awful. If it was me, chop to waste bin and start over. Too many deficiencies and gnats/bugs for my liking to even try to rescue - in my opinion. Do a thorough cleaning, start over, follow a solid daily feed regiment for coco with the nutes you'd like to use ph to 5.9 and you'll see better, healthier plants. Best of luck.

Y

Yourt16

Coco isn't ever close to drying out that's why I think I have something in the coco feeding on roots. They aren't even close to being root bound and have been in 5 gals for over a month

T

TripC

If the coco isn't coming close to drying out in 4 days there's something I'm missing - maybe pot size way too big? Your root mass should have grown into the pot by now. May be more bugs that you're not seeing in the medium and they're just destroying your plants from the roots? Toss it out. Clean thoroughly and try again is my advice

justiceman

justiceman

This is pretty much an accumulation of things that snowballed. In the 5th picture I can see the top of your coco is bone dry. This is my theory.

You did not feed often enough. This can cause a myriad of issues and phantom deficiencies which typically causes a snowball affect in this order
  • A huge spike in EC within the coco which may burn or affect roots(think about what happens when you let a 8oz of salt water dry up to 4oz. the salt concentrates)
  • The coco drys out and the roots dry out and then rot because it's dead plant material at that point
  • OR the coco stays wet too long without frequent irrigation(basically deprivation of oxygen) and they start to rot
  • With a compromised root system they can't uptake nutrients well(phantom deficiencies)
  • As the roots break down they invite gnats to feast upon them. Gnats are typically a sign the roots are not doing too well.
All that being said if you are using dyna grow with r/o water you might be needing calmag next time as well. It looks to me as if it dyna grow doesn't have a whole lot in it. Just my 2 cents without knowing much about the grow.

FennarioMike

FennarioMike

I'm feeding Dyna gro foliage pro silica and cal mag.. they haven't been drying out very quickly but every 3-4 days, new growth is yellow I'll get more photos in a little

What order are you mixing? It should be silica, Ca/MG, nutes - final pH adjust. If done out of order or if pH is adjusted first, it can cause nutrients to become locked out.

Just a though

Latest posts

Top Bottom