Will Heat Stress Make Selfed Seeds

• Thread starter beanhoarder
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
beanhoarder

beanhoarder

I have a buddy that has a really good lemon og, and over the summer Temps got high in his room. And their were no males or hermies in their and the lemon produced seeds. Would those be considered selfed seeds?

Quagmire

Quagmire

Yes & no.. more then likely with the stress of high temps the plant went hermie and it can be hard to find if your not being diligent and not really looking for it way after the fact.. Not that I wouldn't try to grow the seeds out don't get me wrong..

First off, how many seeds did she produce,? when you do grow them out and if you get all females, your gonna have to watch very closely for hermie issues as she flowers.. if it's just a few pluck them out.. at harvest see if your potency has gone down too.. if not, then keep on planting them seeds and enjoy the mistake.. stressing plants was the old fashioned way of making feminized seeds.. I used to do it by flipping my lights to 12/12, then back to 18/6 and repeat this a few times then back to 12/12 and let them flower out and wound up with all female seeds.. it was a fun experiment I learned from.. luck

beanhoarder

beanhoarder

Their was 8 seeds . I'm going to plant 3 of them just to see. Thanks for taking the time to let me know. I really appreciate it

Quagmire

Quagmire

Just keep an eye on it when it flowers out, all 3 should be female and while sexing shows look for signs of male organs also.. check them weekly, if one or two nodes show signs of this, just pinch them off.. if all the buds show both sexes shitcan them.. but most likely they won't and watch them late in flowering as it's a 2nd highest chance of male nanners to show up.. for now, let's hope ya get lucky... hehe..

beanhoarder

beanhoarder

Just keep an eye on it when it flowers out, all 3 should be female and while sexing shows look for signs of male organs also.. check them weekly, if one or two nodes show signs of this, just pinch them off.. if all the buds show both sexes shitcan them.. but most likely they won't and watch them late in flowering as it's a 2nd highest chance of male nanners to show up.. for now, let's hope ya get lucky... hehe..
Thanks quagmire, I will definitely do that. I appreciate the info

Quagmire

Quagmire

Good luck, and until your sure about these seeds be sure to not pass them along as it would just water down the genetics even more if they are not worth ya know. but I surely do wish you good luck and many girls.... ah them beautiful girls.. here is one of my latest.. SFV OG x Chemdog
IMG 0061

dankninja

dankninja

very pretty. nice project

Good luck, and until your sure about these seeds be sure to not pass them along as it would just water down the genetics even more if they are not worth ya know. but I surely do wish you good luck and many girls.... ah them beautiful girls.. here is one of my latest.. SFV OG x Chemdog
View attachment 574264

Top Bottom