Will I get bigger yields by cutting some plants?

• Thread starter Fatasstrex
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Fatasstrex

Fatasstrex

I have 9 plants right now in a 4x2x5 feet tent under an HLG 100 and a Viparspectra Blurple that pulls ±130 real watts. I also have another LED bulb with ±60 real watts. Temps during day are 77-80. Nighttime temps are 66-71. RH is pretty high and stays constantly between 65-75%. Ive already switched to flower and the three sativas are starting to stretch. The hybrids and indicas have not started stretching or showing preflowers. I'm going to chop all males. But if I'm left with several females, would I have better luck and higher yields with fewer plants? I have a lux meter and the edges of my tent are getting only 15,000 lumens.

Will i get bigger yields by cutting some plants
Will i get bigger yields by cutting some plants 2
Will i get bigger yields by cutting some plants 3
Will i get bigger yields by cutting some plants 4
thehighguy

thehighguy

i would take some of the fan leaves off, if for nothing else to allow some more airflow.. this will also help with light penetration. if your lux values are that low at the edges. i might consider moving the sativa outside if i was you. i also noticed in the picture that some of your plants are growing towards an adjacent light, that because they dont have a sufficient light source above them. where do you live, and what are the strains? these factors determine if you can grow outside, now that your flowering you need to consider the flowering cycle for that strain, mainly its average length. if you can get it harvest before the cold sets in you should get a good harvest.

thehighguy

thehighguy

if you dont increase airflow, you risk mildew and mold especially during the flowering stage

Fatasstrex

Fatasstrex

i would take some of the fan leaves off, if for nothing else to allow some more airflow.. this will also help with light penetration. if your lux values are that low at the edges. i might consider moving the sativa outside if i was you. i also noticed in the picture that some of your plants are growing towards an adjacent light, that because they dont have a sufficient light source above them. where do you live, and what are the strains? these factors determine if you can grow outside, now that your flowering you need to consider the flowering cycle for that strain, mainly its average length. if you can get it harvest before the cold sets in you should get a good harvest.
Okay, I should defoliate even if all the fan leaves are healthy? If so, should i take off only lower ones or do the top ones as well? Or should i do only those that are blocking bud sites? The plants aren't growing adjacently to another light. I just did some LST before i took the pic so theyll bend back upwards during the stretch. Strains are 3 jack herer bagseed, 3 mushus stash by dragon farm genetics, and 3 forbidden space fruit by bigworm genetics.

Top Bottom