Will introducing Rove Beetles as soil predators make them totally infest your house?

• Thread starter optical
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
optical

optical

I'm freaked out by an old post on reddit by a guy who said his entire house is overrun with rove beetles. Flying at his computer screen at night when he's in his bedroom and everything. I definitely do not want that

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

I would not pay money to introduce biological predators in an indoor grow. When I was young, I had a grow set up in the garage. I thought that I had pests and I randomly found some praying mantis egg cases. I brought them into my grow tent and put them on a couple of branches. As it turns out, I didn't have pests at the time, but one day at lights on I was able to witness one of the egg cases hatching and hundreds of praying mantises floating out. It was breathtaking. Since I didn't actually have any food source for them, they mostly just fought and killed each other immediately, with a few sticking around and most that lived making their way outside to find an actual suitable habitat. Long story short, if you don't have a sustainable food source/ecosystem for the rove beetles, I wouldn't be surprised if they end up branching out and infesting your house and the surrounding area. Good luck whatever you choose! Positive vibes...

~nugzz

Edit: Depending on the size of the grow. A warehouse, I might introduce a biological predator, but only after carefully weighing the pros and cons.

B

Burned Haze

I would say No (for being a issue or even the roves being a wondering pest ), when I applied 1,000/ rove’s in a 17.5 x 32 room I never once after that day saw the roves above the medium( they def like to hide under the medium , granted I have 1/2-3/4 inches of gnat gnix above my coco) the on;y time I would even ever be worried is when you dint even have a pest and that predator had nothing in those mediums to hunt for.

predator control and biocontrol is the way to go, exp in flower mode. Don’t let people spit on that (most allowable oils ethier willl make the pest resistant or don’t work and are expensive and if sprayed on bloom= gross )

If your doing the rove beetles for fungus gnats , make sure to kill the larvae ( roves are for the adults ) ! Every 2-3 weeks use nemesis ( nematodes) I would buy the tray and over rate it ( it works and you won’t be fucking around , pest lower your % by major score and they are def a headache plus if your a LP it may get you denied harvest )

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom