Will it work

• Thread starter Diamondgeza
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Diamondgeza

Hi new to the site, do the blue and red LEDs actualy work to get good bud iv not heard of anyone using them, is there anyone out there that could advise from experience!

S

SSC

Red's are for flowering. It has to be a deep red and the right NM!

D

darkcloudy

Mainly red+ some blues + IR is supposedly the best combo for a LED. 1-3w LED are the most powerful per LED wattage/lumen output.
After personally doing HPS and LED. I have now switched my HPS back into combination with LED's. They compliment each other very well. But if I had to choose between the HPS or LED... HPS is cheaper, more light output, more heat. LED less cooling required, less electricity, less light penetration so anything really under that top bouquet is very much so light deprived bud. Be weary of the cheap brand 'UFO 90w" LED's, as they dont seem to work as well as others. Generally want atleast 200-300w LED for any decent bud. Also make sure the blue and reds are just not 1 spectrum; as they should be multiple blue and red led's wavelengths as to make sure the full color spectrum needed is achieved.

M

mysolution

cheaper led

waiting for the price to come down. Hopefully by the end of the year. Great on power I've heard. Anyone know how much beneficial on power usage compared to HPS?

B

BabaB00ey

I hope that cheap 90w ufo is good for veging 3 babies..i just bought one. Im saving for a higher one to flower...theyre not getting any cheaper. Do you need to exhaust heat when using leds? I plan on just using a small fan in my small tent for circulation. If the stink becomes insane I guess Ill have to N rig me up a carbon filter exhaust.

Latest posts

Top Bottom