Will kief make good bubble hash

• Thread starter TomTom420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TomTom420

TomTom420

I was gifted about 150 grams of very clean kief that sat I'm my brother in law's freezer for just over a year...watched a few bubble hash vids but none from kief...do I use the same process as trim? Will it be worth it? Thanks

Z

Zill

TT,

This from someone that doesn’t know, but have read a couple articles. Maybe make a first batch this year. But, isn’t hash made up of mushed kief ?

Zill.

TomTom420

TomTom420

TT,

This from someone that doesn’t know, but have read a couple articles. Maybe make a first batch this year. But, isn’t hash made up of mushed kief ?

Zill.
With a little moisture and heat from the gf's hair straightener wrapped in parchment the squeezed together alot with my fingers I managed to make a hash ball last night...smoked one and was delicious and very high but way to much work for the fingers lol
IMG 20221007 093426225

TomTom420

TomTom420

I just weighed it...a little over 200g...the finger hash was good But there's gotta be an easier (and cheap) way lol
IMG 20221007 095826086
IMG 20221007 100106436
IMG 20221007 093545722

R

rangabud

First few times I made hash was with ice water and a blender then poured threw a mesh filter out of a coffee machine that just happened to be the right micron to allow the hash threw a d no plant material hahaha.
The first time was in big bottles shaking the shit out of them, before I thought I wonder if the blender work so I didn't have to shake these bottles.
Crude method but hey it worked.

But to answer your question yes keif will make fine hash, normally I use all my trim and any popcorn buds

Moshmen

Moshmen

They make a little press to press together and add heat to make a brick ck out @gnicks thread he’s got lots of vids up !

TomTom420

TomTom420

They make a little press to press together and add heat to make a brick ck out @gnicks thread he’s got lots of vids up !
First of all...thanks for you're reply...my main concern about this method is it's to dry having sat in the freezer for just over a year...tried a hair straightener and parchment paper but would not stay together at all tll I added a bit of moisture and lots of finger squeezing lol.

Z

Zill

dry is better than wet. If it starts good being dry, drying is OK with potency.

Moshmen

Moshmen

First of all...thanks for you're reply...my main concern about this method is it's to dry having sat in the freezer for just over a year...tried a hair straightener and parchment paper but would not stay together at all tll I added a bit of moisture and lots of finger squeezing lol.
Dry is good - chances are you have some plant matter in there ? May need cleaned ? You got enuff play around a little ?

I’ve never tried but heard of guys using a metal bowl , a touch of water , heat up on the stove and whip with a spatula until desired consistency? But I have never tried it .

Personally I’d clean it (mayb) and press into a brick with heat added - I would also do a smoke test with the brick and the finger roll ball ? Is there a difference in the effects ?

Ponky

Ponky

Well you can just smoke it as is. Processing it isn't something we do here. We just shovel the kief off the floor into the bin. No one does anything with it here.

Z

Zill

Tom Tom,

Is it mushy and pliable? Pleasant aroma. I’m thinking #1 is 75um mesh. But you did capture a lot across the pore sizes.

Zill.

TomTom420

TomTom420

It's pliable...cuts up nice and smokes great...#1 is 25 micron...I left out the 220 micron this run...going to do another run tonight...this was my first try and felt like I lost alot...some of the kief went through all the screens.

Z

Zill

Tom Tom,

Sorry if you mentioned earlier, how did you extract? First time for me doing anything. I bought the bubble bags. After drying and cleaning I was going to extract all that chaff with dry ice.

Zill.

TomTom420

TomTom420

Tom Tom,

Sorry if you mentioned earlier, how did you extract? First time for me doing anything. I bought the bubble bags. After drying and cleaning I was going to extract all that chaff with dry ice.

Zill.
I was told by the one who gifted me this kief it was from a large industrial trimmer.

TomTom420

TomTom420

That was the first time I made bubble hash...I'd say lost about 40 percent of the kief in the process...live and learn lol...I feel like I didn't leave enough space between the bags and was too aggressive with my stirring.

TomTom420

TomTom420

Ran another batch of bubble hash today...feel like I lost alot less this time.
IMG 20221020 143516078

Latest posts

Top Bottom