Will Latex in my root zone cause any problems?

• Thread starter Confuten1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
Whats up farm fam, been busy rebuilding my coco beds and adding some upgrades. After alot of research i decided to airate the bottom of my root zone. I looked extensively at Alita silicone air deffusers( its basically a hose with slits in it that provides airation, from micro bubbles to large bubbles). Problem is in order for it to make micro bubbles it needs at least 3 ft of water, and since that is not the case for my beds i scrapped the idea of usi g it and decided to make my own air hose defusser using latex hoses , and applying my own slits. I dont really need the micro bubbles neways, and latex is alot cheaper then silicone!

So my question is, is their any concern with having latex in my root zone.

I plan on Doing a pictorial of my new Beds so keep an eye out for that thread.
Thnx for the help.

Confu...

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
Yo anyone got insight for me?? Im already setting up and about to transplant this weekend
Confu...

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
the only hoses i have had problems with are black rubber...that shit will grow some slimmy shit..is that like a aquatic hose your gonna use?

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

looking forward to seeing your new bed pictorial,about to go down that road in a little bit myself.

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
the only hoses i have had problems with are black rubber...that shit will grow some slimmy shit..is that like a aquatic hose your gonna use?

Im not sure of its designed application, its jus latex hose i got from home depot. I choose it due to its similarities of Alitas silicone hose deffusier, but at a fraction of the cost.
Ill take a lix n post it later.

Confu..

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Yeah im beginning to think the same,Im very interested in the dimensions you are planning to build the beds to along with everything else,not alot of info available on that.Another member has a good thread,delae i think?I actually PMed alien for a little info on beds but he never got back to me,probably inundated with PM's,lol.We need a stickied thread on beds and what peeps are doing with them.

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
Fish u going soil or coco?

Confu...

Top Bottom