Will leaves droop when cold?

• Thread starter Cannanugget
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cannanugget

Cannanugget

Just like the title says... Wondering if leaves will droop - almost look overwatered - when it is cold? I've got a few in a greenhouse and the heater wasn't working last night so this morning the temp was down to 37* or so. It's warmed up now and they're still looking a little sad. I know it is not overwatering, the only other thing I can think of that might have caused the new growth leaves to kinda curl a bit was a foliar application of azamax the other night which was done at 1.5 oz per gallon ( 75% ).
If you have any ideas please send them my way. Thanks much

lazarus718

lazarus718

I think you answered your own question man, yeah, cannabis hates cold bro! They are like tomato plants somewhat and you were close to killing them at 37 degrees, keep em warm and see if you luck out and have them perk back up on you.

oh yeah, I would take a sledgehammer to that old timer.

B

BigCountry

I would consider 50 Degrees to be the absolute minimum acceptable low temperature for a greenhouse grow. I would look into a portable propane heater with thermostat.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yes, the cold will cause the drooping. It won't kill them, but neither will they grow at temps below about 55F, IME. Mostly just stall at those temps. A few days at low temps shouldn't hurt anything as long as they're already healthy and you can bring the temperature back up. If it's just overnight, as long as they warm up sufficiently during the daytime then they should also be alright. Not ideal, but not deadly, either.

T

Toes

In a greenhouse this time of year...are you in the Northern Hemisphere?? if so, are you supplementing the photoperiod with extra lights?

The cold will deffo make your babies droop, too much light will also.

Another thing to look at, the foliar spraying. Do you use anything else besides Azamax ( seaweed, nutes, hard water, etc. ) I was a huge leaf seaweed feeder until I got the droops. The spray was drying, leaving a brown stain underneath my leaves ( dried dissolved solids ) clogging the stomata. I cleaned them with plain filtered water and... Boom Selecta!

Some food for thought.

Cannanugget

Cannanugget

Hey mucho thanks for all the replies. Well, after a couple days the plants look a bit better. The new growth leaves that were curled under and droopy are now just deformed a bit - kinda just curled and wrinkled still - but the new growth is now perked up and looking normal again.
Normally heating and climate are not an issue, the problem was my careless buddy who neglected to plug the heater cord all the way back into the thermostat so the heater didn't even have a chance to fire up that night. I keep it set at 65* at night normally so from here on out there shouldn't be any issues.... hopefully, fingers crossed :)

BTW strains are Humboldt Fire OG, Blue Dream, and Casey Jones.

bankcee

bankcee

In a greenhouse this time of year...are you in the Northern Hemisphere?? if so, are you supplementing the photoperiod with extra lights?

The cold will deffo make your babies droop, too much light will also.

Another thing to look at, the foliar spraying. Do you use anything else besides Azamax ( seaweed, nutes, hard water, etc. ) I was a huge leaf seaweed feeder until I got the droops. The spray was drying, leaving a brown stain underneath my leaves ( dried dissolved solids ) clogging the stomata. I cleaned them with plain filtered water and... Boom Selecta!

Some food for thought.

know this thread is years old but he says too much light? like hours on the plant.. or too intense light? like upgrading from 352 or so watt t5s to 1k mh?

Top Bottom