will my 4x4 tent hold 2 400s?

• Thread starter hellaWORD
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hellaWORD

looking too add my other 400 too my tent,and not sure if tent structure will be hold. i know i should just get a 1k but i dont soo im rolling with my 2 400s==] ps one of the units is a switchable aka hella heavy !

S

slimjoint

Norcalifornians and their "hella" lol
yeah it should fit depending on your reflector, 2 adjjustawings should fit, if not go vert.

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

there was a thread by Malachi last winter I think and he was running 2-400's in a 4x4 tent, so it can be done

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

yeah i don't see why not i've ran a 1k in one which is more watts and heat so you should be good if you get some venting going on.

Slim i ended up bagging a nor cal girl one night when i was in Vegas a few years ago and she kept saying hella non stop the shit had me cracking up. over the next few days i found myself picking up the word and I'm still using it I'm probably the only dude in the midwest using it nearly as much as nor cal ppl do lol.

H

hellaWORD

hahaa i know HELLA just kinda grows on u! yeah its not soo much about fitting its more of a weight problem since the sun system2 is crazy heavyy with the built-in ballast.. another question hella off topic but i got 1 monster chemdog clone and ive noticed quite a bit of spyder mites im thinking.. should i keep it inside and toss outside? ps its in a totally diff room n my house.

A

amstercal

is it just your hoods that are being supported by the frame? If it's just your hoods, i would think even the cheapest of tents would hold it. there are some good tent threads about reinforcing different ways (dowels or whatever from between floor and top supports or chain from above ala sway) if you're worried. definitely overly cautious is better for us earthquake staters.

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

yeah if they are fixed ballasts you may need to add some support to that pole you hang them from. go to home depot and have them cut you 2 2 x 4's to the exact height of the pole you hang your lights from and use the 2 x 4's as supports near the edge of the pole by the wall of the tent. shuold cost you $5 and add a ton of support and make it nice and strudy.

as for the mites different room or not you risk infecting your plants those fucking bugs will get on your hands, clothes, ride air waves from fans etc. i would mix up some floramite or at least some alcolhol/water mix and completely dunk that thing in it to make sure you kill all of them. do it every 5 day or so and it should be bug free soon enough.

H

hellaWORD

yeahh Str8dank makes perfect sense im going too get on that asap. the tent i bought isnt the cheapster but still the unit is way heavy!! yeah its almost too the point of colas having web like shit and little tiny bugs)= fuckin drag i think i willl end up puttin her outside after-all

Top Bottom