Will my DWC plants survive without a pump untill my new pump arrives. Come and find out. (12 day delivery time)

• Thread starter monkey47
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

monkey47

Hi guys

I'm currently pregrowing under a mars hydro ts600 I ussually pregrow for 2-3 weeks.
My plants in my flower tent need another week atleast so I cant transfer them and I switched down the lights from 18 a day to 14 a day because i am running out of space for them to grow :-D

3 days ago i found both my pumps death. (some water overflow when watering my mother and my stupidity to keep them under water level lol) I have some back up pumps but not enough to continuously feed all 4 plants with oxygen)

They are growing in 5 liter (roughly a gallon) buckets and the moment I noticed the pumps were down i emptied 2/3 of the nutrient sollution so they are basicly switched to kratky and i have not yet seen anything bad happening tot the plants or any kind of new stress related issue.

At first I was thinking about adding peroxide to the water or using one pump to airate every bucket for a couple of hours a day by manually switching or to transplant them to flower at the cost of my curent flowers. I felt stupid for having 3 air outlets as back up and not 4 but then i remembered a conversation with a customer service that told me i should be the blame for not having a redundant light set up when i contacted them for the bunky mars hydro they sold me. "What a retard I taught, as a homegrower every piece of kit needs to be redundant if you think of it. Looking at the zipper of my tent I can tell you know that that is going to be the point of faillure but i am not buying a new tent as a redundency.

Air extraction
lights
air pump
Tent
timer

There is almost nothing in the home growers equipment even the most basic onces that will cause a catastrophic failure of the grow if it takes to long to replace a broken item.

this is day 3 of being without air (remember i emptied 2/3 of the reservoir so they are doing kratky at the moment. and they are only on 14 hours of light) Aliexpres says it gonna take 12 days to get the new pump to me. Unless I am going to see some serious dammage I am not going to install the new pump before I switch those plants from grow to flower area. I need to install the new pump in such a way what destroyed the previous pumps cant happen again and I need to change some stuff with regards with the wiring. So I ll just keep posting every couple of days with a picture of the ladies for those who are interested and are thinking of what to do when they have a pump faillure and dont want to make every piece of kitt into a redundant set up.

Will my dwc  plants survive without a pump untill my new pump arrives come and find out  12 da

Bilber

Bilber

You just converted your DWC into a temporary Kratky Method of Hydroponics grow....

Look into Kratky Hydroponics.....

Hopefully you get your pump quicker.....

Latest posts

Top Bottom