Will notill work in a sealed environment???

• Thread starter Tetra
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tetra

Tetra

I'm creating a new grow that will have three 4x4 no-till raised beds, these beds will be in a sealed growroom with a C02 burner. Will no-till work in a sealed environment???

No3r

No3r

I'm creating a new grow that will have three 4x4 no-till raised beds, these beds will be in a sealed growroom with a C02 burner. Will no-till work in a sealed environment???

Why wouldn’t it work?

Tetra

Tetra

Well I was wonder if any aspect of no-till required a certain amount of oxygen, or if higher levels of C02 would affect it differently?

No3r

No3r

Well I was wonder if any aspect of no-till required a certain amount of oxygen, or if higher levels of C02 would affect it differently?

no till refers to your growing medium, the c02 is taken in by the leaves. C02 naturally occurs outside in nature as well right? You’re just upping the dose because you have control.

Hortulanus

Hortulanus

I would think that you absolutely need some oxygen. How many ppm I don’t know.

Tetra

Tetra

No3r yeah but the C02 levels you use for growing reach higher levels than an outside environment. I know there are some beneficial bugs, worms and other things associated with no-till, in some cases C02 can kill off certain bugs i wanted to know if this maybe is an issue people have encountered.

Homesteader

Homesteader

The plant produces the oxygen in the sealed environment and it becomes a loop. Bugs wouldn't die off unless it was 2000+ ppm I believe and even then who knows.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I agree with @Homesteader the plants will produce plenty of oxygen.

My concern would be with the burner. IMO when running a burner you want to vent periodically and possibly just at night enough volume to exchange the room would likely be good enough.

The reason I say this with a burner is they also produce other gasses and its possible if the burner is not at peak efficiency that one of those is ethylene which is a plant hormone and even at very low doses can cause major issues with a grow.

If you were bottled then I wouldn't worry but with a burner I feel like it should be vented daily at minimum to remove and possible ethylene, carbon monoxide etc. There is also new info that shows burners may cause your harvest to fail testing if being done.

Tetra

Tetra

Thanks for the info aqua man. I read about a few sealed builds that vent periodically like you're describing. It probably would be a better idea to vent at a lower area in the growroom would you think?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks for the info aqua man. I read about a few sealed builds that vent periodically like you're describing. It probably would be a better idea to vent at a lower area in the growroom would you think?
Personally I think higher will preserve more co2 and remove more heat but if you have good air mixing then it may not matter as much.

Tetra

Tetra

Got a HVAC guy installing a 2 ton A/C this week. Going to use an electric heater with a trolmaster sensor to regulate the heat. I decided to go with LED over CMH, Can't wait until it all comes together

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Got a HVAC guy installing a 2 ton A/C this week. Going to use an electric heater with a trolmaster sensor to regulate the heat. I decided to go with LED over CMH, Can't wait until it all comes together
Sounds kick ass... im jealous.

Top Bottom