Will power bar lights disturb dark period?

• Thread starter sweetgreen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sweetgreen

Hey just wondering if the red and green lights on my power bar that are in my tent would cause issues with the dark period? The power switch is lit up red, and the indicator lights for fault protection are green. The red one is the biggest, but probably still LED.

Anything to worry about in terms of them causing hermies?

Thanks

dextr0

dextr0

I cant answer the specific question, but if you are worried about it move it or put something over that will not let the light out. Such as a shoe box or whatever. I dont mean to be so ghetto but I personally use whatever works.

Good luck.

waayne

waayne

I cant answer the specific question, but if you are worried about it move it or put something over that will not let the light out. Such as a shoe box or whatever. I dont mean to be so ghetto but I personally use whatever works.

Good luck.

Words of wisdom!
When in comes to light pollution and light leaks in your flower room you can never be too paranoid.
dextrO's right on point, cover those lights!

4u2sm0ke

4u2sm0ke

the green one isnt any harm..I put Duct tape over My red ones..

take care and be safe

J

Jsän

on another board that i was on, had a grower swear his red led power indicator made his girls hermie. not full blown, just a foot and a half around the light.

fixed the light and he never had the issue again.

best bit to risk it.

budboy299

budboy299

I am going to go out on a limb and make a few ppl mad.
Personally I have had tons of powerbars within my room and never had a plant hermie. (Other than extremely late into flower, like 11 weeks on an early strain)

My thoughts are this....There was enough of a trigger to initiate budding by the light cycle changing. Unless the little light was really really close to the plants, it probably will not do a thing. Especially if it is a consistent light.

My neighbor has a porch light that is on every night in the fall. Bright enough to see decently in the dark, and yet no hermies from it. I think it is because it is a constant thing. Take that same light and turn it on and off a few times in the dark and it would be another thing. In nature there are nights that are lighter and nights that are darker, but within the same night it pretty much is constant.

Just some ramblings....if you worry, tape over the light. If nothing else it gives you peace of mind. -BB

P

primeform

660 nm red light is what transforms Pbr photochromes to Pr. Red LED light = bad in your flowering room.

Top Bottom