Will the light emitted from a propane heater effect my flowering cycle?

• Thread starter kolah
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kolah

I need your help Farmers. I am putting a small propane heater in my Greenhouse. It's a small Procom heater, 1000 BTU's with a T-stat approx 14"x18"x 8" deep. I am assuming it will emit a blue-ish flame.

I have concerns that the light from the heater may disturb my flowering cycle. And if so, would if be wise to cover the light with a non flammable tinted material to change the blue flame to green? Yellow would most likely tint the flame to green and as I have read MMJ is not effected by green light.

Thoughts?

cannabeans

cannabeans

another factor to consider!!!!!

when you are using a non-vented propane heater at night, you will be keeping the co2 trapped in your greenhouse, depending how well it is sealed. CO2 LEVELS COULD GET DANGEROUS FOR YOU AND THE PLANTS!

something else to think about is moisture! burning propane creates humidity.

not quite sure about the blue light, but if you must use the propane heater at night, i would try to block the light.

hope the info helps.....

T

theTinker

Blocking the light entirely would be a far better solution. Clever though ur idea was! :)

Blocking with something solid and if its in a corner then the walls there could be blacked out so it doesnt reflect anything. A fan up above it would blow the heat/CO2 around and keep fresh air around it so the blocking material doesnt interfere it.

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
lol at first I thought you were using the harter for co2 and I was thinking why are you running co2 at nigh lol. This is what I have always hear has long as the light is not brighter than the full moon would be your ok pretty sure i heard that from jorge C or read it in the bible . I dnt know if I would but something over the heater unless you want to burn it down.

K

kolah

I bought a Coleman one burner stovetop that you screw onto a propane bottle. On its lowest setting it emits a very tiny blue haze. Just to be safe I put it in the corner and blocked the light with an pirce of old drywall. And yeah lately up here the moon is shining like an old mans bald head in the desert. Superbright!

drbombay

drbombay

you could build a shade with some green art glass. or cut a gallon wine jug to and bottom like a h oop around the flame. green is as good as black. i am still concerned with the no venting. be careful. the oderants in the gas in a non catalytic stove often linger. i know they fu=k up orchid budset.

Latest posts

Top Bottom