will there be more BB sative x nepalese?

• Thread starter DR. nick
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DR. nick

will you make more blueberry sative x nepalese in the future?

D

Dubsta

Probably just better stuff out there. I still wanna try some of the true blueberry and the new stuff before i die. A buddy had some years back and it was some good stuff, way better then his producer plants. but that was back when i was smoking canadian all the time..

R

Reeferman

I don't like blueberry very much I think it was good in its time but that time is long gone the true BB is nothing like the blueberry that was around in the early days .
The OPT used to make blueberry is filled with mutations and the plants are very brittle when grow well despite the fact that cola's are not very heavy they snap like dry twigs .
Reef

B

British_Hempire

The Blueberry I had from 97/98 stock was amazing, not seen a blueberry as good since.

N

Nirrity

Would be nice to make a cross of old dyas Oregon blueberry X old days Indiana bubblegum feminized from best clones. For those who wasn't there to try the legends personally

U

Ulysses

With all due respect to Reef and BH, you guys are sounding a bit jaded...

OPT is a cut (single pheno) of an early building block in DJ Short's genetic portfolio. Anyone other than an advanced breeder would consider themselves lucky to have this cut- at least to experience the unique high. I understand it's a pain in the ass to grow and keep healthy mothers... It needs a long (slow) veg, it's a mutant for sure, and is a mildew magnet. Reef, you have to admit you went through a 'Blue' phase (like many a wise breeder)... In general, it was a good thing!

The pre-98 Blueberry is considerably more indica leaning than what is available today, IMHO. Since the loss of the famous pimp daddy B130 male, old school Blueberry has become a rare treat. I think DJ responded to the opinions that old school BB was hard to grow and threw a hermi every now and again- he made changes to stabilize the cross and perhaps lost some of the 'original' magic...

I haven't experienced BH's cut, but if he likes it, it must be excellent. If beans come out, I'd run a batch or two... BH, you quote DJ in your signature line!

It's like you guys are saying current Blueberry sucks. I get a 4 to 6 hour soaring, clear headed euphoria with virtually no tolerance and no crash. When I say tolerance, I mean you can smoke it everyday of the month and it still get's you as high on day one as day 31... I try to squeeze in a BB or two every grow.

Nowdays, you can get Blueberry crossed with anything- keep an eye out. Hell, you can get some of Reef's Nepalese and recreate that cross yourself without undue effort! Almost every breeder offers a 'Blue family' cross...

I feel Reef has moved forward with his gear and looks to further differentiate himself and his crew by offering strains that aren't quite as 'mainstream'...

R

Reeferman

I have grown out and have in my collection the entire blue family , I have had the entire family since it was first carried by emery many many years ago.

I have no issue with Blueberry its not my cup of tea I really liked blue heaven years ago it was very nice .
I have the f-13 and have grown it I find that these different Blueberry lines are isolated pheno types of 1 family .
Out of these lines I liked the old time moonshine the best I found almost no difference in high's from f-13 to old time moonshine just more structure differential and very subtle terpene variation in ot moonshine than f-13 or the others which I found nearly the same .
Blueberry true blueberry flo f-13 are so much alike , don't get me wrong they are very nice I feel that the best blueberry lines in recent years were when dj first released blue heaven I do not recall the year but the BB from that era was different in my opinion .
When I first purchased blueberry only 2 were for sale Blueberry and flo if i recall they were great .
Blueberry is not my cup of tea to each there own I bred newberry to come up with a Berry line that yielded and was not brittle .

I grow huge plants and brittle is a problem !
I mean no disrespect to DJ in any way he did not like the racy buzz of willie nelson when last we visited .

As a breeder we all have different concepts that is the water that floats our boats !
Reeferman

B

British_Hempire

Hey reef, just a suggestion, but why don't you invite DJ to come join us here at the farmer, would be great to have him here where we try to discuss things in an honest civil way!

I agree that DJ's work focuses on isolating phenotypes from within one family, I've seen a lot of his work grown by friends or myself and there is always a similarity to a degree in tastes and highs, it is in structure and appearance that the greatest differences occur, although the blue family's range of tastes is pretty broad, they are all variations on a theme if ya know what I mean.

The best Blueberry by far that I've seen was the 97/98 on I got as f2s and worked another couple of gens, some amazing plants to be found from that line, sad that DJ lost it somehow. I'm not a big Flo fan, sure it looks very nice and has a good taste and high but it;s a PITA to grow, lacks yield and vigour and is, as you say, brittle, the old BB I have isn't brittle in any way, big stout plants with good vigour.

DSC02929
DSC02930
DSC02931
R

Reeferman

I do not have dj's email anymore he came to my house with Jason king .
Sorry I can't ask him hear although that would be nice I would like to give him the Big sur holyweed family and let him run with it I have a feeling that its what he digs big time !
~reef~

N

Nirrity

...I mean no disrespect to DJ in any way he did not like the racy buzz of willie nelson when last we visited...
Sorry for flood here, but I have both WN 2006 stock and Bodhisattva 2008, they are both great sativas but I have no space to grow them both, so which one do you suggest for a more happy clear sativa buzz? I can handle Accidental Haze easily, but Phnom Penh is way to much to smoke daily, moreover,I found PP far less cerebral and uplifting compare with AccyHaze, PP is more along the lines with trippin' and paralyzin', so I wonder does WN or Bodhi fall in the same category as PP or they closer to AH in extrovert cerebrality ?

As a breeder we all have different concepts that is the water that floats our boats !
!!!

E

Elevator Man

I've got two lovely phenos of that BB f3 batch pictured above - both quite light in density, but gorgeous smoke - one quite orangey, and the other is pure perfumed blueberry ice-cream. Both quite low-yielders, but not for long - they'll be getting some 'special' pollen on them soon.

Possibly more interesting though is one of the four f2 Blue Satellite 2.2s I'm currently flowering. These were from an open-pollination, and were totally mixed pheno-wise, but one is a classic pole-indica Blueberry, with the full-on blueberry muffin smell. It's nearly ready, at seven weeks tomorrow.

However, there's another Blue Satellite - #5, that is still in veg. It grew so slowly that it never left the veg cabinet when the others did, and they're nearly finished - this is just ready to go into flower! But the leaf-shape, dark purple stems and slow growth makes me think I might actually have one of the rarer 'Blueberry Sativa' phenos - we shall see. But I'm stoked to have so much of DJ's genetics in my hands - most were low-yielding - up until now.

As for the OPT, well I have that too - or at least a perfect Flo representation - purple, low-yield, crisp, trippy high and fantastic nutty/berry taste. Last time for that one this year though - not enough to smoke to make it worthwhile any more, no matter how good the high.

E

Elevator Man

BTW, Reef - apologies for dumping this in here - I'd come though a search, and hadn't noticed it was in your section - sorry if it went off-topic there!

R

Reeferman

Nirrity
I would grow the Willie Nelson 06 but I am biased and the willie is is my favorite at the moment !
Reef
Elavatorman
I am over blueberry I feel like it took up enough space in my rooms for many years and it really never amounted to anything when I have jars filled with the best Blueberry they are never the first jars finished far from it , I have found the outcome of hybrids predictable and tired .
The 1 pheno I liked was Blue heaven but it yielded very low .
~reef~

Top Bottom