Will These Cure Lids Work...

• Thread starter Domon8n30
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Domon8n30

Domon8n30

Hey guys how's it going my wife recently got me these lids for curing and I was wondering if you guys think they would actually work. I was going to try them out on my next harvest, I was going to use them if they will work for curing my harvest. Another question I have is what is the scientific process of curing, these Lids allow me to suck out the air that's in the Mason jar after I put the lid on, but they also allow me to let air in if need so. Let me know what you think so I can try them out you think they'll work for me...

Will these cure lids work
Will these cure lids work 2
Will these cure lids work 3
BigCube

BigCube

Seems gimmicky to me. Not sure if removing the excess oxygen from your curing would help or hurt. Maybe after the curring is done it could help preserve the flowers longer by removing the excess air from the jars, but from what I know about curring is you want that air in the jar. To give the moisture somewhere to go. I doubt a vacuum offers the exchange you need for proper curring.

But that's just a guess. Never had problems curring before, these are new. It's not like people have been unable to cure properly until these came out. *shrug* just my 2 cents.

Domon8n30

Domon8n30

Seems gimmicky to me. Not sure if removing the excess oxygen from your curing would help or hurt. Maybe after the curring is done it could help preserve the flowers longer by removing the excess air from the jars, but from what I know about curring is you want that air in the jar. To give the moisture somewhere to go. I doubt a vacuum offers the exchange you need for proper curring.

But that's just a guess. Never had problems curring before, these are new. It's not like people have been unable to cure properly until these came out. *shrug* just my 2 cents.
Oh I understand completely buddy I've been currying my bud in regular mason jars forever never had a problem. I only ask cuz like I said it was a gift from my wife so if they're usable I'd like to use them it would make her happy. Feel me happy wife happy life you know how it goes lol...

Last edited:
BigCube

BigCube

Oh I understand completely buddy I've been carrying my bud in regular mason jars forever never had a problem. I only ask cuz like I said it was a gift from my wife so if they're usable I'd like to use them it would make her happy. Feel me happy wife happy life you know how it goes lol...

Do I ever! Lol

I bet they work great for long term storage. Once curred removing the excess oxygen from the jars should preserve them longer đź‘Ť

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I'm in full agreement with everything here. The critters curing your weed are aerobic bacteria. Aerobic means they need oxygen. A vacuum can't be good. It would also screw up humidity and would draw more moisture out of the weed.

Use those lids, no matter what. You don't have to use the vacuum thingy. I'm all about domestic bliss.

Latest posts

Top Bottom