Will they make it? Clones in RDWC

• Thread starter motta-tokka
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Motta Tokka Going back to get more clones?

• Oh yeah man those babies are toast!

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Nute burn man, lockout, you suck buddy! Stick to legal herb

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 50/50 Chance

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Going to be alright!! No sweat!

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Throw some gas in the car and go get some replacement clones!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
motta-tokka

motta-tokka

Hydro Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones? Clones
2. How old are your plants? Varies
3. How tall are your plants? Varies
4. What type of hydro system are you using? RDWC
5. What brand/type of nutrients are you using? Botanicare
6. What is the Ph of your nutrient solution? 5.9
7. What is the PPM/EC of your tap water? 227
8. What is the PPM/EC of your nutrient solution? Currently 500 PPM
9. What is the temperature of your nutrient solution? 68-71f
10. Does your PPM/EC show a rise or fall when you do your daily PPM check? Below
11. Does your pH show a rise or fall when you do your daily check? As of today PPM drop, PH steady
12. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? sm90 and aquashield before.. now PBP grow at 450ppm
13. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights") Dual spectrum floros
14. How close are your lights to the plants? Close
15. What size is your grow space in square feet? 56 square feet
16. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? Night 68f, day 75-80f
17. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? Spider mites on one of the clones, Azamax in the res and foliar sprayed it.
18. How much experience do you have growing? Few grows in LP Aero. I can deal with most any bugs or fungus at this point but this one is driving me nuts.

So long story but the nutes have been all over the place, stuff here, stuff there, swings, clearex and now we are here at this point. Yesterday went ahead and flushed with tap and added nutes.

PBP Grow
LK
CalMag
Aquashield
Pond Zyme

5.9 500 yesterday and 5.9 450 today which really says nothing because of the active plants. On the same note the bigger ones look MUCH better these last few days after the clearex flush. Also the day after the flush the lower fan leaves on the clones went yellow and were toast so I pulled them off. They were just going to fall off in a matter of hours.

Any help appreciated thank you. I am having some serious growers depression right now as this is the first time I have used this type of system and mastering it is getting me :mad0233:

Will they make it clones in rdwc
Will they make it clones in rdwc 2
Will they make it clones in rdwc 3
Will they make it clones in rdwc 4
Will they make it clones in rdwc 5
Will they make it clones in rdwc 6
Will they make it clones in rdwc 7
Will they make it clones in rdwc 8
Will they make it clones in rdwc 9
Will they make it clones in rdwc 10
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I don't know enough about DWC to say anything in that regard, but besides the one that's completely drooped, I don't see why you have to trash these. You ain't payin' for cuts, are you? Reminds me of my boy, I can't seem to get him to practice so he can stop paying for 'em at the clubs.

One of the cuts looks burned, yes, definitely. I bet it can be brought back, as long as the roots are in good shape. I'd foliar the yellowing one with kelp/seaweed/Maxicrop/Growmore seaweed extract. Maybe all of 'em.

Don't give up on them yet, Motta.

A

amstercal

I hope someone with better DWC experience jumps on here, but I've seen much much worse come back. The texture of your leaves definitely makes me thing is an environmental thing more than a nute thing. Do you have a separate thermometer on your res than the one on your chiller? I find with all equipment, verifying from a second source can pay off, which includes your pH.
I definitely think they'll be ok, but as a wise person told me and I repeat to myself often, you are a plant grower, not a plant doctor. Even if they keep struggling, keep them until you feel you have resolved all possible issues. No sense in putting new ones in with the same problems. They really don't look too bad though.

motta-tokka

motta-tokka

The liquid Karma is dying the crap out of them so its a little hard to examine. This is the healthiest plant by the way.. CHem 4

I would have taken a picture of them overall again, but its almost no difference today..

Nutes 5.8 PH 440 PPM
Nothing added.

DSCI0025
motta-tokka

motta-tokka

I don't know enough about DWC to say anything in that regard, but besides the one that's completely drooped, I don't see why you have to trash these. You ain't payin' for cuts, are you? Reminds me of my boy, I can't seem to get him to practice so he can stop paying for 'em at the clubs.

One of the cuts looks burned, yes, definitely. I bet it can be brought back, as long as the roots are in good shape. I'd foliar the yellowing one with kelp/seaweed/Maxicrop/Growmore seaweed extract. Maybe all of 'em.
Don't give up on them yet, Motta.

Yes I am paying for them. My problem is I get bored with 1 strain too easily and I have never saved strains from lack of space. Things will have to start changing this time around.

How often can you foliar spray with nutes? I have always been a crazy plain R/O water sprayer forever and its never been bad.. Now with these foliars I have been trying.. not so sure.. sounds like other things gave them the issues..The water/nutes being the number 1 on my mind right now

I hope someone with better DWC experience jumps on here, but I've seen much much worse come back. The texture of your leaves definitely makes me thing is an environmental thing more than a nute thing. Do you have a separate thermometer on your res than the one on your chiller? I find with all equipment, verifying from a second source can pay off, which includes your pH.
I definitely think they'll be ok, but as a wise person told me and I repeat to myself often, you are a plant grower, not a plant doctor. Even if they keep struggling, keep them until you feel you have resolved all possible issues. No sense in putting new ones in with the same problems. They really don't look too bad though.

I have double checked the chiller in the past.. Seems right about perfect. What I am worried about is the a/c as it says 75 and turns on every 10 minutes or so to get things cool (economy mode). A few feet higher it says 80-81 sometimes. I know heat rises and all but it does worry me on occasion.

CheechWizard

CheechWizard

Hi mt, sorry your not having better luck this run. nice to hear the clearx is helping. Any chance it's a little windy in there? Even if the fan isn't hitting them directly. To much air flow can burn the leaves, just like that. Drop your PH a little and keep that ppm low till they bounce back. :flower Only other thing is that the water is a little warm; good idea on the extra thermometer.

-CW

motta-tokka

motta-tokka

Dang cheech I think that also has something to do with it.. See before I grew in a small closet and it worked perfect. Only problem is the house smelled like various skunks from around the world, lol. So I invested a ton of money in the garage grow and now have a million new variables with the new toys. Another example as of two weeks ago I was doing 1500ppm co2 and yeah I think it might have been a little too much.. Also you think that water is warm even for the clones? I can lower it with a few pushes of a button I just dont want to shock the ladies. Let me know and again thank you everyone for your input. Feels much better not going through this by myself and the wife is definitely sick of hearing it!! lmao

Edit: Video coming up when Christian stops by

CheechWizard

CheechWizard

LOL about the skunks and wife. I'd bring it down slowly; don't want to stress the little ones. My turbo cloner is turned down to 67. Rather have them go slow, then the brown creeping death.

dextr0

dextr0

Motta i run dwc, but i dont run systems like that. If I'm understanding its just dwc where all the buckets share the same water? I think thats your problem. Ive never had my roots look like that, and the only time i had anything close, It was from not washing the Growrocks correctly. Whatever it is its in your roots. I would wash them off as well as i could (gently!) and replace your reservoir. Do they all look like that? the roots i mean?

A

amstercal

Yikes on the root color. Are you using something that's turning them that brown? Roots Excel does, but a light brown, not like that, IMHO. Are they slimy? If they already have root rot, I would just toss and start over after a VERY thorough cleaning, but that's just me. I know people have had success with various treatment products.

K

kuz

calmag and tap? Too much chlorine in the tap maybe, just a wild guess.

New poll question, stain or rot? Did that once, thought it was stain until it got real obvious it wasnt. But my real clue was what the ph was doing, and your ph is steady. How much air is the nute solution getting? With that much root mass you would think they would have acclimated already and be perking up. Could the better looking plants be getting more oxygen somehow?

motta-tokka

motta-tokka

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwlMyH3y_Ms[/YOUTUBE]

K

kuz

Mine look pretty sad until the roots hit the water. I've been using 6" rw cubes in 10" netpots with lava rock. And if the rw stay too wet it can take forever.

The trick is getting the roots to explode and get into the water faster, growers here I see doing it the best (Jackmayoffer, RMCG) are rooting bare root aero clones right into the hydrotron with no top drip, but the systems are different, relying more on a lot of current. With the top drips we just need to experiment until we get the moisture right. I havent figured it out yet.

I dont have any air on the clones until they are about 12", then i move them to more light and air movement.

This picture is a couple days after the roots hit the water. The one fan leave was flat on the ground until then.

Clone
K

kuz

That sorry little clone looks good today, but its about 50 days later. So yeah if your only issue is they are staying to moist in that net pot medium they should be fine its just going to delay things a couple weeks.

50days528
motta-tokka

motta-tokka

This is why I put the 15 minute off every hour timer on TOP of the 1 minute on 4 off timer. It hit me the other night when I was looking at the damp rockwool cubes. Problem though is I do not use any medium besides that so when the roots are huge I think I will remove it and just do the normal 1 on 4 off timer. Your plant looks great and thank you for the advice!

Did anyone see the video on the fan turbulence?

dextr0

dextr0

Your roots should look like this man. I swear you need to clean out that reservoir. Clean off them roots too. These roots got algae because i left the bottom uncovered and its see through.

roots3.jpg
rsz_029.jpg

Plain RO water for awhile.

motta-tokka

motta-tokka

It will get mucked up again once I put in the Liquid Karma.. I dont think you use that do ya? Its a mess I am telling ya. That one you got there would be a nice display model if you completely covered the roots and expose them to take pictures. My buckets should be almost 100% light proof and I really dont think its algae.. Muck from the LK I would buy. I have already scrubbed the bottom I could then flooded the crap out of it. I could see it totally was LK leftovers. That thing kinda annoys me at this point. I do not use a filter on the res and I assume bigger roots would utilize those solids better. I am also using the pond zyme for this reason to break down solids and allow the enzymes to feed like crazy.

dextr0

dextr0

Sorry for not being clear. I do not think you have algea, i was stating why my roots looked a little green. Check it out first of all you have different strains that are different ages and trying to give them all the same nutes. Your nutrient burning some and shorting others. Thats why i dont like them kinds of systems. I really recommend taking out nutes and adding plain RO water for awhile. How your going to deal with different feedings idk. I would focus on clearing those roots. Did you actually rinse off the roots??

I also posted earlier, its the 10th post on this tread. Did you see it?

Latest posts

Top Bottom