will this do better than a 600w hps?G2-PARmaxx-Parabolic-450wLED

• Thread starter Ever after
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ever after

Ever after

i want to get an led that is an upgrade from a 600w HPS im tired of using hps lamps and i would like to also buy it mAYBE for veg lights as im using a 400w right now and t5's i am wondering also if those t8 led bulbs are any good either

would this 450w led by magnum it seems like their newest model do you think it will give a better yield as i am doing 1 600w hps on 1 4x4 and i want to switch from a 600w hps on the other table to a 450w G2 so i have some LED light going on my hps plants and my led plants getting some hps light.......so all in all 4x8 canopy with 2 lights. i just want to cut down on electricity so i can use an AC or are LED lights not worth it yet? i hear magnum is the best company out there at the moment and this new paraolic led seems like a really great idea here is a link to the whole line of new magnum LED lights they have a 300 , 450, 800w

does anyone know if running the 450w to replace a 600w HID hps my question is will it put too much heat in the room or MORE heat compaired to a 600w hps as if i changed my ducting i would be venting fresh air in and out for just one HID light because right now both 600w hps lamps are air cooled from outside air so im guessing it would lower the temps? im wondering if the 450w G2 is going to generate alot of heat because i dont want to change my setup if its going to make it hotter

tags420

tags420

Magnums are just an expensive hydrogrow knock offs. And hydrogrow is the reason that the chinese have decent(but poor quality) lights...they stole HG's lights. Then HG came out with the sol model(identical to the magnum you are asking about)...but soon they were copied on that too and it is made by many other resellers. Basically 90% of the LED's on the market are made by Cidly, BSled, or Evergrowled. Then different company/resllers slap names on them and resell for rediculaous prices. But the they are all cheap chiese lights that may work ok for the first run but definatley won't last long enough to pay for it's self. And then will give led's a bad name.
Here is the diode/chip/array in them
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/616574970/50W_LED_Array_50W_LED_Module.html
They are just 50w led flood lights. They are not the most efficient in light conversion...meaning that they are generating a good amount of heat which will be in your room and not be evacuated if you your hps is on a closed loop from the outside.

It says it covers a [email protected]' or 40"...well at that height it will be as good as a candle, considering it is only doing 588umol@24".

Long story short...
No it will not replace a 600w hps. And for that price there are plenty of quality led(s) that will out perform it.

stutter

stutter

valoya LED's are looking really good. i have been seeing a lot of big farms like cucumber's and stuff growing using these. when the big boys like that start picking up LED tech you know the companies they are buying are doing something right.

also very interested in HI-LED tech. does anyone have any info on them

http://sunpulselamps.com/HILED.html

tags420

tags420

Apache Tech, Area 51, Illumitex, CLW are the best american companies.

Here is a PAR test of a bunch of differet ballast using a hortilux super hps 1000w in a pretty standard reflecor at 24". This is what led need to live up to. And yes there are been a few companies to match the peak PAR...but non can match the par at the 1'-2' from center(3x3/4x4 coverage).
The only 2 I have seen to actually compete at the 3x4/4x4 range is Apache's new big model(available in 2weeks) and the new Illumitex new model(available in october). I tested them my self at the max yield show last weekend. And CLW was pretty close to doing it...theyhave a solid 3x3 coverage, just not 4x4..

1000w ballast test info 1
N

new2led

I'm doing a grow right now with the G2-800w in a 48" crawlspace, you might want to check that out.

Dabominable

Dabominable

check out chameleon grow systems. The plasma light is badass, 10 year manufacture warranty partial. I want to try oen, low heat, contained, water proof, lower draw charts vs 600 hps compare..dunno check it out, and i in no way endorse them
Dabo

Top Bottom