Will this explode? (pic included)

• Thread starter piscesaquarist
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

piscesaquarist

Let me know if there is an article there and the date of it so I can read it. Do you know how much quicker you will be able to reach saturation of DO. I would think with the airstones and foggers you could do well with just that and spend your money/time elsewhere.
The wally sysytem was 8" pvc from start to finish. I ran hi-pressure foggers in there. Great sys just too many plants. JK

Sorry I checked my notes and here's the main article i'm looking for the other one www.eurohydro.com/pdf/articles/gb_dissolved_oxygen.pdf

I can only find the abstract link for this one:

aSilvrHaze

aSilvrHaze

Thanks..I made it using Google's Sketch up...Free and super easy to use!!

Google SketchUp is the shit!! i've been using it to make models of different rooms i would like to build and its incredibly easy to use, but super powerful(imo lol) at the same time.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I would be careful with the ozone, pisces. They've got a place in the reefkeeping world, we want our water to be as clean and nutrient-free as possible. Almost diametrically opposed to what growers are doing. My concern is with redox on nutrients.

Where did you source that PVC?

T

The Hemptress

I agree...all would love to see pic's at different intervals....all are rooting for ya!!!

P

piscesaquarist

I would be careful with the ozone, pisces. They've got a place in the reefkeeping world, we want our water to be as clean and nutrient-free as possible. Almost diametrically opposed to what growers are doing. My concern is with redox on nutrients.

Where did you source that PVC?

I've pretty much come to that conclusion as well..I was looking at applying it for bacterial and virus control/protection. However I still had to supplement the nutrients in the water (calcium, strontium, magnesium, and potassium) However I did EVERYTHING I could to get Nitrates OUT, which O3 helps with.

I got the PVC from a commercial supplier, even then not cheap. I can't PM yet but I'm sure if you send me one i can reply

E

ent

I've used the nutramist setup. Do you have drippers? The mist is enough for small plants in veg but once they start to get larger the mist is not enough moisture to sustain the plants. In my experience at about week 2-3 they plants will begin to droop, then wilt, and if nothing is done, die by week 4. Spent about $2000 on the nutramist setup, ran it once unsuccessfully then put about $500 into adding drippers and other modifications only to have it be a subpar DWC.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I've pretty much come to that conclusion as well..I was looking at applying it for bacterial and virus control/protection. However I still had to supplement the nutrients in the water (calcium, strontium, magnesium, and potassium) However I did EVERYTHING I could to get Nitrates OUT, which O3 helps with.

I got the PVC from a commercial supplier, even then not cheap. I can't PM yet but I'm sure if you send me one i can reply
UV might be a better means of control here, although, again, I don't know what effect it would have on the nutrients being passed through the water column.

I was just curious, thought maybe a PA had redone some plumbing and you made a score or something like that.

P

piscesaquarist

I've used the nutramist setup. Do you have drippers? The mist is enough for small plants in veg but once they start to get larger the mist is not enough moisture to sustain the plants. In my experience at about week 2-3 they plants will begin to droop, then wilt, and if nothing is done, die by week 4. Spent about $2000 on the nutramist setup, ran it once unsuccessfully then put about $500 into adding drippers and other modifications only to have it be a subpar DWC.

can you explain your setup a little more?
How often did you run them?
How many foggers and how many heads?
How did you move the mist though the system?

EDIT yes I do have drippers for top feeding until the roots get down into the pipes

J

jimmygreen

I agree with everyone else by saying i hope to see this thorugh! Good Luck!

M

MediMary

hi piseces, I enjoyed your articles, and your links as well.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

For some reason I get a 404 when trying to see the pics.

I think it is great that you are doing this. One never learns without trying and one never fails without tyring.

M

MediMary

yeah smokey the pics are gone, haha

I hate when you find a really informative thread, and the pics were uploaded on some site like photobucket and they have all been deleted cause the owner didnt sign in.

I did find a picture from his other thread, which most the pics are missing too though lol
IMG_092.JPG

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Damn!!! What a pain in the ass to set all that up.
I would sure love to see the room filled and going. I sure hope he makes his money back from spending all those duckets on the setup.

Top Bottom