Will this get bud rot?

• Thread starter Ffwp710
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ReeferRon

ReeferRon

Those flowers look pretty early to me Id say you have a good month before they are ripe. It looks like the very tops of the colas are white..? Could be light bleaching...what light you using? How close to the canopy? Its important in late flower to keep lots of air moving... especially with dense flowers.

Ffwp710

Ffwp710

Those flowers look pretty early to me Id say you have a good month before they are ripe. It looks like the very tops of the colas are white..? Could be light bleaching...what light you using? How close to the canopy? Its important in late flower to keep lots of air moving... especially with dense flowers.
315s and 1 led, I moved the one 315 closest to the tallest plant away a tad a week or so ago. Also chopped 2 of the colas so far :(. Doing hash test on one and it’s sitting in ice bath rn lol.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Why would you get bud rot over 50%rh? Sorry bit this is just not true. Bud rot is a micro climate issue from poor air flow and condensate on the buds... outdoors rain indoors hitting the dew point.

growsince79

growsince79

Why would you get bud rot over 50%rh? Sorry bit this is just not true. Bud rot is a micro climate issue from poor air flow and condensate on the buds... outdoors rain indoors hitting the dew point.
True in most cases. But I've seen freakishly large rock solid buds that rotted in 40%rh with fans blasting it. Just too big to breath. The buds in the pics- no worries.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

True in most cases. But I've seen freakishly large rock solid buds that rotted in 40%rh with fans blasting it. Just too big to breath. The buds in the pics- no worries.
Yeah can happen... the most ideal conditions are just like PM.... Dry days and humid nights. Most only notice the day time humidity

Ffwp710

Ffwp710

Should I chop the bleached colas or just let them ride?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

If you are concerned about bud rot in a cola, gently pull on the fan leaves that stick out of the cola. If the leaf pulls out easily, you almost certainly have bud rot in there. If you can't pull them out easily, there is no bud rot.

A big cola can develop the conditions conducive to bud rot within the cola, so your humidity in the room can be low and you can still get bud rot. But offhand, those buds don't look massive enough for bud rot. It typically occurs in 4 inch diameter donkey dicks.

Top Bottom