Will this hardware store hydroponic nutrient work?

• Thread starter growhard2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

growhard2

The local hardware store has hydroponic nutrient that's 5x cheaper than the hydro stores (and some). Looking at the number (the nitrogen seems pretty high for flowering?) does anyone think any of these could yield results?

Manutec 1L Hydroponic Organic Plus For All Plants;​

• Nitrogen - 3% : phosphorus - 0.5% : potassium - 2% + trace elements

Manutec 1L Hydroponic NK Plus For Fruit And Veg​

• Nitrogen - 6% : phosphorus - 1.2% : potassium - 6%: Ca - 1.8%: Mg - 0.5% + trace elements

Manutec 1L Hydroponic Nitro Plus For Leaf And Herb​

• Nitrogen - 8% : phosphorus - 1.6% : potassium - 3%: Ca-3.4%: Mg - 0.5% + trace elements

Will this hardware store hydroponic nutrient work
Choppr

Choppr

Back when I started(1979) all we had was cheap hardware store nutrient...and the blue crystals - lol (sorry my age is showing) The NPK ratio's are fine - Yeah It'll probably work try 1/2 dosages(if autos for sure 1/2 dose) to start- are you in coco or dwc - autos or photos? There's cheap dry ferts too...good luck

G

growhard2

Back when I started(1979) all we had was cheap hardware store nutrient...and the blue crystals - lol (sorry my age is showing) The NPK ratio's are fine - Yeah It'll probably work try 1/2 dosages(if autos for sure 1/2 dose) to start- are you in coco or dwc - autos or photos? There's cheap dry ferts too...good luck
Thanks Choppr. I wanted to do flood and drain with clay pebbles or hydroton style medium. Growing photos.

Last edited:
Top Bottom