Will This Light Do The Trick?

• Thread starter constantine_greece
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheGreek_978

TheGreek_978

Ya I agree, a lot of light for small area

Υιασου φίλε! Από πιο μέρος στην Ελλάδα είσαι?

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

HID lighting is hard to do in a tent that is smaller than 4'x4'. You definitely need it to have an air-cooled hood to help escape the majority of the heat, but the IR wavelengths emitted by HID systems add heat under the light on top of your canopy, which is unavoidable. LED lights do not put out the same IR heat, they lack the IR of HID systems.

If you are going in a 2'x2' tent, I recommend models like the Spider Farmer 1000 light. Low heat comparatively, lighting specs (PPFD, umols/j) can be identical to HPS and it has a dimmer so you don't light burn your plants if the source is to intense. There are many lights similar to that on the market, but its a great place to start your search.

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

It would make zero sense to run a HID light in a space that small........period! Maybe 10 years ago......

LED lighting works VERY VERY well in a small space, and is pretty much a no brainer IMHO.

Just because you could pull it off doesn't mean that's the best way to go.

With LED lighting you would not need to worry about ALL that heat, wasted light, etc......

Akabudz

Akabudz

Not at any point did I say it was the way to go?
I have never used led.. However I started looking at them a few months ago.

Leelandgrow3

Leelandgrow3

LEDs are out now guys cheaper running wise and can have way better results than hid or hps. imo And so much less heat and less electricity and just as bright if not brighter. But I’ll everyone different.

Leelandgrow3

Leelandgrow3

Just took these just a hour ago my set up and I got two more led that I’ve had for 2 years and they are still doing decent viparspectra 600w pulling 260 at wall my full spec light is pulling 240 at the wall

1319B12F DE05 400D 895D 233DACE3FEFF
035B7558 6EE0 4A62 BE72 BAA33ABA329B
0AC76837 568A 4765 A9E7 0AF017723B6F
28C377C9 4961 4B94 BC99 6CAA2AE29B97
3F475D96 3CC2 4EF4 9E43 97A98F9634F9
Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

Not at any point did I say it was the way to go?
I have never used led.. However I started looking at them a few months ago.
It's a rabbit hole, worth exploring and worth switching over too. I've been growing since before LED was an option, so I have remained with my trusted HPS for a long time. I decided to try LED in the veg tent as my first test. It did well and after a couple years, I upgraded to the Quantum Board style and my results have been great. So much so, that I've finally ordered a few lights for flower and I'm going to give it a try instead of the trusted HPS. Haven't completed a cycle yet, but I have good hopes for identical or even greater yield.

Hard to make the switch but there is enough compelling arguments these days, the technology has caught up and possibly even surpassed HID systems with the variety of spectrums available.

Akabudz

Akabudz

I am. Waiting to see what I pull from my 2x2 with 250 mh, then may be switch to led and compare 👌👍 last grow I pulled just short of 4 zips,, x 2 plants in dwc scrog ww.
Time will tell. However I am heavily leaning towards led.

Latest posts

Top Bottom