Will This Work?

• Thread starter BuddyLuv
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BuddyLuv

BuddyLuv

If you grow your clones under 24 hours of light a day, put them outside at the appropriate date and continue to supplement them with 24 hours of light a day until July 15th. The days are getting shorter but they are still over 15 hours of daylight. Shut the lights off on July 15th, the plants will begin to flower.. Will they continue to flower with the shorter days or do you think they will revegge? Someone told me you could get an early start on your flowering and have much more of a chance for your plants to finish before the moisture and weather gets you. Please let me hear your opinions.. Thanks

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
A plant starts to go to flower as the daylight hrs get shorter so I guess if your going from 24 down to 15 it will start to flower it will re veg when you put it back under 24 hrs .

BuddyLuv

BuddyLuv

Will it re veg under the 15 hours of daylight that it would be getting after being in 24 hours of light a day. I know that it will start to flower but will it stay flowering and not re veg.

S

Shamanfarmer

I think that if you were to do this they probably will not start flowering immediately, but if they do they should continue flowering just fine because the days are getting shorter. I don't think that they will probably start flowering immediately though. A few years ago I started all my plants indoors and moved them outside on the solstice (approximately 15 hours of daylight at my latitude), they continued vegetative growth until the middle of august, which is normal for my location. My hope was that they would immediately start flowering, going from 24 hour light to natural day length, but that was not the case. Of course the strains that you are growing will have an affect on this.

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

So most likely it will just continue to veg.. plants start to flower at around 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness... Going from 24 hours of light down to 13 hours of light or 13 1/2 might get them to flower...

A pretty awesome strategy i saw on instagram (not sure if it works) was putting huge flood lights in the garden in august.. He put the lights on 24 hours a day.... He did this for a week.. Let his plants dry out until very stressed (not dead bud definitely wilted and stressed...) Then turned off the flood lights and watered them.. He felt the stress from under watering and massive light change.. 24 hours of light down to 13 1/2 would force them to flower... He would then harvest in mid september instead of mid october... It might have been in the end of july he did this technique and he didn't post any pictures of it actually working.. But his garden looked like a pro and that he knew what he was doing.. Definetly would be a game changer in colder climates where mold will do damage..

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

your question doesn't really make sense.. If you put vegging clones outside under 24 hours of light the will continue to veg.. They will never start to flower.. So when u say re veg I'm confused... They will just be growing the whole time..

I know with light dep you have to be right around the 12 hours of darkness or it doesn't work.. You can give or take 30 minutes or so and be okay.. But 15 hours of light your plants will just keep on growing..

BuddyLuv

BuddyLuv

The guy uses this technique and says that if you leave your plants vegging with 24 hour light until July 15th and then take the light away that you can get your plants to flower and stay flowering because the shortening of daylight will be enough to keep them from re vegging.. Thats what I was eluding to. And if people here thought it could work that I may try it.

S

Shamanfarmer

The guy uses this technique and says that if you leave your plants vegging with 24 hour light until July 15th and then take the light away that you can get your plants to flower and stay flowering because the shortening of daylight will be enough to keep them from re vegging.. Thats what I was eluding to. And if people here thought it could work that I may try it.

Not gonna say this won't work but it's going to be dependent on your strain, I think. Also, your July 15th date is going to vary depending on latitude.
Seems like a good experiment, but don't count on it working. Don't put all your eggs in one experimental basket.
Why not just do light dep, if the goal is to harvest early?

BuddyLuv

BuddyLuv

Hard for me to do that outside where I'm at. But I don't know if I will try his method. At least not until I have further discussion with him. Thank you for your opinions. It's an interesting theory that's for sure. 2 weeks gained near harvest time could be the difference maker here in the Northwest.

jaybodankly

jaybodankly

"If you grow your clones under 24 hours of light a day, and continue to supplement them with 24 hours of light a day until July 15th."

Put them outside at the appropriate date. That is warm enough 60-70's and ground temps are well above 50 degrees. that is end of may for me. Plants wont start to flower until almost august. Dont try and put them out to early.

jaybodankly

jaybodankly

Keep topping them and bending branches if they get to big for your space.

Latest posts

Top Bottom