Premium Member
Supporter
Broncos

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Where were you??
Some just like to raise stink...A good break from the rest of the crapola going on WTF wrong with dat
????
Wife and I drove to Rexburg, ID. Boring town but so worth the drive. Most people flocked to Idaho falls or Yellowstone, so we've had no trouble traveling or enjoying our time.

It was so beautiful man. My eyes filled with tears, I couldn't help but feel amazed. I've been strangely euphoric all afternoon. And it's been a great break from the heaviness of hospitals and whatnot this year.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Wife and I drove to Rexburg, ID. Boring town but so worth the drive. Most people flocked to Idaho falls or Yellowstone, so we've had no trouble traveling or enjoying our time.

It was so beautiful man. My eyes filled with tears, I couldn't help but feel amazed. I've been strangely euphoric all afternoon. And it's been a great break from the heaviness of hospitals and whatnot this year.
You deserve that break. Glad you had a good time. Any stops on the way home?

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Do you know about eclipses??
Here's the coolest thing about solar eclipses

The fact that the Sun and Moon are the same angular size, allows the Moon to completely cover the Sun leaving only the "Crown of Heaven" (the corona of the Sun's atmosphere).
The probability of the Sun and Moon being the same size from our perspective is so remarkably low that Carl Sagan once called it the most compelling evidence of intelligent design. None of what we will see on Monday would be possible if:
- The Sun was any bigger or smaller
- The Moon was any bigger or smaller
- The distance to the Earth was any different for either of them
The fact that we inhabitants of Earth have only two major celestial bodies in their sky and that they are identical in size is not merely remarkable, it's MINDBOGGLING! Quite possibly the only planet in existence where this is the case.
So allow the miracle of this event to sink in. Allow the wonder and awe of nature inspire you.
Ec000000000000000000000000000000000

It's truly something magical. Happy Eclipse Everyone!

Copied from a friend...

Ignignokt

Ignignokt

The Moon is moving away from the Earth gradually. In ancient times the moon was closer, blocking more completely. We are at a point where the moon just covers the sun, completely. In the future, more and more of the corona will display and totality won't be what it used to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom