willie nelson hermie

• Thread starter growlife
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

growlife

i have some willie nelson 1 very sativa looking and 1 very indica looking at about week3 flower and the indica 1 is popping naners but no sign of it on the other
not sure if i should toss it or what as i dont want any seed for now i have just been pulling the naners and it seems to just be on the bottom branches

there is no light leaks as it is in a concrete shack with a steel door there is only 1 red led in the room covered with duct tape

anyone else have any hermie issues with the willie nelson

i got the seed just before RM shut down

thanks

I

ismokepot

yes, I got the same seeds, among others, from FORM. I grew my 5 pack out, a couple never sprouted. The one female turned hermie. I've read numerous complaints about this. Nothing new........

R

Reeferman

These are the same seeds hempreybogart grew I am working on a new generation of willie nelson now they will be ready in about 2-3 months .
How did you buy a 5 pack I never sold 5 packs of anything sounds like maybe a lil bit of side bizz was going on .
'Reef

G

growlife

These are the same seeds hempreybogart grew I am working on a new generation of willie nelson now they will be ready in about 2-3 months .
How did you buy a 5 pack I never sold 5 packs of anything sounds like maybe a lil bit of side bizz was going on .
'Reef

hey reef what pheno has that huge yeild shown next to the pop can

the very sativa 1 doesnt show any sign of hermie
i am guessing it leans heavy to the viet black side
looks alot like the bohdi but has a thick assed stem

G

growlife

let me no when there is new stock around i will probably get some just hope it isnt so much money
you used to have real good prices now they have kinda went through the roof

thanks
growlife

M

Monkey

I am working on a new generation of willie nelson now they will be ready in about 2-3 months .
'Reef

Glad to hear. I have always wanted to try this strain and never got a chance. Glad to hear it is being re-released.

You have a bunch of interesting strains I have been liking to grow...From the Willie to the LP all have struck a cord with me..

Question if you do not mind....I take care of a few very sick people...

What is the most happy up strain you have tried or worked with.... giggly racy happiness?

That seems to be a very desirable trait. Making sick people happy is key then they can get better! I have one in the hospital right now and I need to make them Happy Cookies....The more laughy the better!

Well got to get back to work....Rock on Reeferman Keep up the good work.

Your Friendly Neighborhood Monkey:animal0057:

convex

convex

hey reef what pheno has that huge yeild shown next to the pop can

the very sativa 1 doesnt show any sign of hermie
i am guessing it leans heavy to the viet black side
looks alot like the bohdi but has a thick assed stem

That was one out of a dozen pack - was a very cirtusy/hashy smelling pheno - there were 10/12 fem/male in that pack and not a sign of hermies despite less than ideal conditions, I mean LESS than ideal - first try with designer beans, no environmental issues at all!

Cheers

G

growlife

That was one out of a dozen pack - was a very cirtusy/hashy smelling pheno - there were 10/12 fem/male in that pack and not a sign of hermies despite less than ideal conditions, I mean LESS than ideal - first try with designer beans, no environmental issues at all!

Cheers

u got any veg pic of that fat girl ,did it look more indy or sativa

convex

convex

u got any veg pic of that fat girl ,did it look more indy or sativa

That was nearly 4 years ago - drive has been wiped many times since then and old pics with it.

In early veg she seemed more indy - but she slimmed out quickly when flowered.

Cheers

convex

convex

Sorry, just realized those last two are from a different pheno, VB dominant.

J

Jalisco Kid

So Con when are you going to dial her in?lol When a friend killed our willie that reef gave us I thought for sure my ol lady was going to castrate him. There are some willie keepers out there for sure. But expecting to buy a fucking 5 pac and get a gem come on. If you do not have the time and balls to grow out 40 females or so do not come a whining to reef that you can not find a keeper. Not that I have not whined. I grew out 50 sinclairs and found nothing close to my red Congolese. Its part of the game we play. JK

N

Nirrity

That's why there is a market for an elite clones...

JK could you rate in percents how those 50 congos were down compare to Red King Congo you losted? Sorry for stupid questions just never had any experience with elite clones so just to imagine how a good selection is better compared to 'usual' grown from seeds. I'm indoor resticted so always no more than 2-3 girls of a hybrid...

J

Jalisco Kid

Nirrity my friend how are you? I lost my RC a few years back when we were working in Mexico. I ordered 5 pacs of John Sinclaire figuring I had a somewhat special plant. Reef told me it was the exact same breeding. Well I filled my backyard and room with 40 girls. Ended up with 32-35 females.Did not keep one. They did not look or taste the same. And they sure the fuck did not give you anything near the same kind of high. So it might be they do not know how to package anything, or what I think which reef lost all his males. I am real curious to see whats up with the new batch of seeds he is working on. I feel they will put him back on the road to the mountaintop or will sink his boat.
As for your question an elite is 3 times stronger in flavor and strength.(I just reread that sentence after I posted. 3x is an educated guess with a 30% margin for error) I realize I had the cut that won the cup but I have smoked more then 15 samples of willie from ex reeferettes. Nothing was close. I offered 500 bucks for a similar cut to keep my ol lady happy. Nothing close. Look for a place in the country I can send your 2-300 N. Haze's and then you can see the full expression of his and my work as they must be F6-f8, not so hazy as the beginning(10 week).With these worked beans you would be surprised how many subtle flavors and highs there are.Imagine if you had 100 lp females,or better yet we whoop up on reef for about 100 of his gold lumbos he is holding out on. I would love to select a mom from that selection.
Sent my godson to look for my blackie and p Haze but he could not find where the patch was. So I still do not have a clue if I still have them. I need to rent a 4x4 next trip. There are about 5 river crossing to get up there. But we are having a drought this summer, so it will not be life threatening.
Tell me how your stuff is coming out of the jar. Take care JK

R

Reeferman

John sinclair are the exact same seeds as red congo just renamed for a cup in europe .
Same breed same mom dad 100% the same !

convex

convex

So Con when are you going to dial her in?lol When a friend killed our willie that reef gave us I thought for sure my ol lady was going to castrate him. There are some willie keepers out there for sure. But expecting to buy a fucking 5 pac and get a gem come on. If you do not have the time and balls to grow out 40 females or so do not come a whining to reef that you can not find a keeper. Not that I have not whined. I grew out 50 sinclairs and found nothing close to my red Congolese. Its part of the game we play. JK

No kidding huh!

What I find amusing is seeing a post asking for desired pheno's to look for, followed later by an aditional post screaming about the variation. If you expect to be able to look for a phenotype, you had better expect variation!!

It seems the expectations of indica's are being extended to sativas. Couchlock sedation is the measure for so many, most of whom have never tried the old world strains we were fortunate to grow up with. And it is my belief that those weened on indica's will never be able to apreciate or experience a sat completely.
In thier minds, if they are not melting into the furniture, they just aren't high - indica's have tainted thier perception of needs and effect.

Folks have gotten so used to the same old indica infused crosses they are totally surprised when they try and grow an old world sat or a sat dom cross.

Perhaps they should keep buying the old standbys or proven clones if they don't want an adventure - refined and worked ghani dom plants are small and predictable and finish like clockwork ...

But those of us who had cut our teeth on IBL's and tropicals are more than willing to put the time in searching for a mother, flowering for months on end or making further generations and continue the selection process.

Most undertake this with the understanding it will be a process and not instant gratification. Sativa's haven't been worked like thier faster flowering cousins, and honestly I hope they never do. Diversity has been bred out of too many of the indica dom strains IMHO.

Although, the land race indy cultivars are just as unpredictable, it seems these raw genetics never come to market. We have all seen the military coverage in Afghanistan with 10 foot plants in the background - imagine that in a 4ft tent.

Would I like to find the holy grail in a single pack - who wouldn't? But I do not expect it to happen anytime soon.

Until then I will keep on my quest to find something that tastes of 1976.

R

Reeferman

I am excited for the release of the next seeds because its the culmination of many years of breeding with no seed releases massive grows in the tropics where I selected from massive populations .

The Seeds I select from now are the best plants of huge numbers !

Top Bottom