wilting crops in hydro and i need some input

• Thread starter knubs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

knubs

i searched the inside of the lower stalk with a 160x scope and i saw a couple black strings looking things here and there, but definitely not a lot. Do the black strings look loose and frayed along them?

TSTEW313

TSTEW313

Yes an it doesn't take alot for this fungus to kill an stall your plant's!

N

nightmarecreature

Yeah, I found black string looking things on the roots and inside the root crown. You will only see random black strings, it's not bunches of them. The plants will stall out, will be hard to root the clones off of it and the root crown will be soft and new growth will just wilt and die. Some plants wilt and come back. You need a hardcore Argo fungicide, don't buy something from Home Depot, get Eagle or something super strong. Treat the mom, wait a week and then take new cuts and toss the mom. Clean the whole room.

K

knubs

I have a vial of eagle 20 for this type of random emergency. I tried spraying my outdoor plants before they started flower and it did not stop the fungus.
I will spray my moms and probably these gsc that are gonna get trashed anyways.

and @TSTEW313 what quali pro product did you use that you mentioned in the other thread? Was it a one and done? Have you seen anything since you treated?

TSTEW313

TSTEW313

Yeah it cleared up the fungus but the recovery time on your mother plant's will be about 4 or 5 weeks out! The problem with eagle 20 is so many people have been using it the some fungus have built up a tolerance to the active ingredient! But the quali pro will kill almost all fungus I think I will even kill oxysporum as well!

K

knubs

what was the name of the product? Quali pro makes a lot of different products. And when you say it takes 4-5 weeks for recovery are you referring to the phytotoxicity?

oh, and I guess I should mention that I have another indoor grow that is all soil and it is completely fine. Should I be stressing on cross contamination? How is this fungus spread?

K

knubs

oh, and thank you very much everyone for the input! I appreciate the hell out of it!

TSTEW313

TSTEW313

The name is Tebuconazole 3.6F an the photo toxicity is what I was referring to! The fungus was spreading when cloning an everything goes in the same cloner! So what I did when I go my last batch of clones when they rooted I added some quali pro in my cloner for 2 days then drained it out an just put fresh water in, an left my clones in the cloner for a couple weeks an they a growing with a lot of vigor!

N

nightmarecreature

I have a vial of eagle 20 for this type of random emergency. I tried spraying my outdoor plants before they started flower and it did not stop the fungus.
I will spray my moms and probably these gsc that are gonna get trashed anyways.

and @TSTEW313 what quali pro product did you use that you mentioned in the other thread? Was it a one and done? Have you seen anything since you treated?

How much Eagle did you use per gallon in ML?

I've had the same problem with fungi coming back from Eagle. I have only used the Eagle at 1ml max so far. I have the Quali Pro but I have not used it yet, TSTEW has.

The Quali Pro is still being tested. It was used at 6ml per gallon as a foliar, which is way too much, it really messed up some plants. It should be used at 1.2ml per gallon. More testing is needed. Get this on your skin and you will wish you didn't! So far we know that using it in an aero cloner at 0.50ml is too much and will burn the root system. A foliar dose and root drench is going to require a different dose. The foliar is going to be a higher dose, while the root drench will be lower.

Last edited:
Top Bottom