Wilting Plants In Current Culture

• Thread starter Mids4lyfe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RHINObeast

RHINObeast

I still agree that ppms are absolutely fine for the light source it just may have been how much of which nutes he added at a time in other words I mean his ratios. I push to about 900
Ppms but I start at 450 and push 50 to 100 ppms a week

M

Mids4lyfe

I followed the chart exactly. Only think I did different was add calmag bc they don't have it on the feeding chart.

I still agree that ppms are absolutely fine for the light source it just may have been how much of which nutes he added at a time in other words I mean his ratios. I push to about 900
Ppms but I start at 450 and push 50 to 100 ppms a week

NGA

NGA

I would be more concerned about the roots than anything, my thought is he could have saved those girl

Dutchcity

Dutchcity

they are too high and you dont have a current culture system! U prob got some knock off. Lastly dont misrepresent my new account with me being new at all!
Where you may be able to run higher ppm in your wanna be rdwc unit the same isnt for current cultures units because of the increased DO..
I just leave my comment at that!
Yeah I sure got duped into a knock of system. I built it myself. I’ll be sure to buy a current culture system next go’round. Especially besucase i am growing in hydroton top feed, with dry down cycles, my DO levels must be way too low...

NGA

NGA

My system is simple made it my self take it apart in hour , it has flexible lines so you can move around,top feed all the time ,buckets are higher than res ,medium is hydroton ,ppm sitting at 1750 right now week 7 flower ,RH don't know don't care , going to just add water for few days ,there from clone ,min Yield 1/2 p per plant easy ,most growers these days have these ph ,ec,chillers, to much junk ,I started growing 30 years ago or so lol ,didn't have none of these things to make a simple task into a night mare

P

PaulBunyon

Yeah I sure got duped into a knock of system. I built it myself. I’ll be sure to buy a current culture system next go’round. Especially besucase i am growing in hydroton top feed, with dry down cycles, my DO levels must be way too low...
I know what your growing in. Ive watched your grow since you got here...

P

PaulBunyon

You show me where in cc feed chart it says to feed 800 ppm, .05 scale?
There is no week that it hits 800 ppm,
AND THAT CHART!!!,,,
Is made taking into account that you are giving the plant co2, and have ample par...
Again I state, no where does it say 800 ppm.

https://cch2o.com/cultured-solutions-feeding-schedule/

Last edited:
DGP

DGP

I just recently started to get my ppm's where they should be and the solution should have been obvious to me but I am a little thick headed sometimes. However, here is what I do now:

1. I start with a ppm that is considerably lower than recommended for hydro. I have been trending towards 1/4 strength for young seedlings and 1/2 starting out in veg but it is just a starting point. Different strains I have run vary a whole lot.

2. I inch it up each week or so until I see the tips of the leaves showing me even the slightest indication of over feeding.

3. Once I see that sign I slow down and wait another week then up the ppm slightly and look for signs.

4. I then start inching up again until I see I am at maximum nutes.

I check ppm the same time every morning to see if it went up or down and I monitor the amount they are drinking and write it all down in a journal. Was kinda lazy about this but learned a while back I have to stay disciplined about it and do it every day.

If I keep my top off reservoir at the exact same ppm I can look at the daily fluctuations in ppm and tell if they are using it or leaving some behind and that is just another clue that tells me if I am on target.

When the plants are actively drinking I look for:
-water drops but ppm increases (a little too high on the ppm scale)
-water drops but ppm remains constant (right where I want to be)
-water drops but ppm also drops (needs a little higher ppm)
(not my idea but someone taught me this)

Best wishes on your next run. I ditched a run once and started over. Painful but sometimes needed. Keep us updated on your next go around.

Dee

P

PaulBunyon

I just recently started to get my ppm's where they should be and the solution should have been obvious to me but I am a little thick headed sometimes. However, here is what I do now:

1. I start with a ppm that is considerably lower than recommended for hydro. I have been trending towards 1/4 strength for young seedlings and 1/2 starting out in veg but it is just a starting point. Different strains I have run vary a whole lot.

2. I inch it up each week or so until I see the tips of the leaves showing me even the slightest indication of over feeding.

3. Once I see that sign I slow down and wait another week then up the ppm slightly and look for signs.

I check ppm the same time every morning to see if it went up or down and I monitor the amount they are drinking and write it all down in a journal. Was kinda lazy about this but learned a while back I have to stay disciplined about it and do it every day.

If I keep my top off reservoir at the exact same ppm I can look at the daily fluctuations in ppm and tell if they are using it or leaving some behind and that is just another clue that tells me if I am on target.

Best wishes on your next run. I ditched a run once and started over. Painful but sometimes needed. Keep us updated on your next go around.

Dee
Oh Ya who taught you that?
I might have heard that myself :)

DGP

DGP

Can't remember in order to give credit. However, it was here on the forums somewhere. Could have been you:).

For the longest time I just followed the nutrient recommendations which are almost always wrong.

P

PaulBunyon

Can't remember in order to give credit. However, it was here on the forums somewhere. Could have been you:).

For the longest time I just followed the nutrient recommendations which are almost always wrong.
:)

Dutchcity

Dutchcity

i almost guarantee you that your meter is in .07 scale which is not the scale we use. We use Ec, and every 50 ppm is .1. so 500 ppm = 1.0 Ec... but in .07 scale that is diff..
You are correct. It is .7 scale. So it’s like 1071 ppm in .5 scale. EC 2.2.

Sonnyhad

Sonnyhad

So I should see my ppm dropping? They stay pretty much the same, my plant growth is about nothing! I think I might have the same problem. Only I know I'm a little high with PPM's but only less than a hundred. But highly aerated so it uses less nutes, I just don't know how much less yet.

Sonnyhad

Sonnyhad

Dee
I've not read that about what to look for as far as water and ppm. So far I'm still stuck! Just got a reverse osmosis systems and am in the process of replacing the water.

Latest posts

Top Bottom