Winch/Pulley Light System Help!!!

• Thread starter bdawg22
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bdawg22

Can anyone give me a hand on this one? I am hanging 2 rows of 7 Adjust-a-Wings and want to put them on a pulley system and not exactly sure how to do it. The room is 20 x 30 and the adjust a wings need to be horizontally hung which means I am going to need two lines for each row of lights since there are two hanging brackets on each adjust a wing. Any suggestions?

B

bangbang24

I've seen guys use 1/2" conduit to run through the mounting triangles that come with your hoods. It's rigid unlike PVC, but still lightweight enough that you wont have weight issues. Are you raising/lowering separately or are all the lights raised /lowered in one group? There is a slick little thing called the garage gator if you have the dough to throw at it... Here's a link: http://www.garagegator.com/home.html

Otherwise I have a very simple pulley system hanging my veg lights I could snap a pic of. Basically, it's just those round screw-in type "eye" hooks + small pulleys + 3/16" rope + wall mounted cleats to tie off your lines.

Hope that helps a bit...

hiboy

hiboy

I've seen guys use 1/2" conduit to run through the mounting triangles that come with your hoods. It's rigid unlike PVC, but still lightweight enough that you wont have weight issues. Are you raising/lowering separately or are all the lights raised /lowered in one group? There is a slick little thing called the garage gator if you have the dough to throw at it... Here's a link: http://www.garagegator.com/home.html

Otherwise I have a very simple pulley system hanging my veg lights I could snap a pic of. Basically, it's just those round screw-in type "eye" hooks + small pulleys + 3/16" rope + wall mounted cleats to tie off your lines.

Hope that helps a bit...

thats an awesome link bang.
might be checking that out

IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

Can anyone give me a hand on this one? I am hanging 2 rows of 7 Adjust-a-Wings and want to put them on a pulley system and not exactly sure how to do it. The room is 20 x 30 and the adjust a wings need to be horizontally hung which means I am going to need two lines for each row of lights since there are two hanging brackets on each adjust a wing. Any suggestions?

if you don't need your pulley system to be motorized, you can buy rope ratchets. they sell different gauges according to the weight of the fixture. i screw the eye hook right into the stud, attach the rope ratchet to eye hook, and then hang your fixture. super easy to install. i can raise my raptors just by tugging upwards on both ropes. effortless -Keepz

rope ratchets: $14 shipped on ebay. 2 rope ratchets can handle weights of up to 150 lbs

W

woots

watch

Here is a video of my explaining in detail how to raise and lower lights using a pulley system. Very cheep and easy to do!

Latest posts

Top Bottom