Window ac in grow tent

• Thread starter IhatePM
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
IhatePM

IhatePM

So I had a dream a week ago that after chop we dragged the tent to the wall with a window and cut a hole for a ac unit. Well I pulled the trigger today, took a dab, didn't even measure b4 i started cutting 🤪and I'm happy. Saved 1k+ on the mini split I was going to get for my un insulated detached garage rental . No negative back pressure like if you were to use a portable. The unit was $350. 1500watts

Window ac in grow tent
Window ac in grow tent 2
Window ac in grow tent 3
Ponky

Ponky

You gunna put some blinds or something up to hide it a bit better? Poly looks pretty bad.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I love it!
Do you have it anchored? Crooks just push them inside and have easy access.
Make sure you secure it so it can't be moved.
A guy on another forum just had it happen to him. He got home and his entire grow was gone but they left the A/C.

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

Make sure u tilt it down a bit outside to keep it draining the condensation outside

iffey

iffey

I thought like refrigerators they are supposed to be mounted and stored upright, too. Thinking refrigerant doesnt 'move' as it should mounted sideways. And why is it you set it sideways? Cut the hole before you thought about it? "took a dab, didn't even measure b4 i started cutting".
I've also learned to not get blasted before I start 'engineering' any modifications...🤬 I'd also reccommend that it isnt blowing directly on the plants by deflecting the cold air down to the floor.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Looking big AF in there.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
That’s a lot of weight, i.e., compressor that is now hanging from it’s mounts instead of resting on them. You’ll be the first to know when it fails, Catastrophically. If your home. Looks dangerous to me.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
While you’re at it you might as Well lay You’re running refrigerator on its side and use it for a table.

Top Bottom