Windowmaker can you make me a CAD drawing?

• Thread starter CheechWizard
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Widowmaker

Widowmaker

Thanks widowmaker. looks like i will have the room for the 9. Wish i had more power and more lights to go with the 16 light. all trees would have light from 4 sides. Bad thing is i only have enough power for 11 lights.so thats my situation. Was trying to see the best layout for what i have 11 light 9 plant..... THANKS A TON

Got power for A/C, Dehueys, fans & Pumps?
It will be blinding in there with 11 lights
:icon_spin:

Y

yayarea

hey widow what spacing does everyone seem to be running is it the original 40" on center? I read in dizzles first mpb run he had 6 foot centers. Im finally in the process of my setup after many setbacks, and just now figured out that it was 40" form stem to stem not stem to bulb. Could you please make me a drawing with 50" centers and all the spacing. I would appreciate it. If so the room is 12x16 I want to run 8 lights 7 girls in this pattern.
o x o
x o x
o x o
x o x
o x o

Y

yayarea

damn that was fast, thanks! u got plenty of good karma coming your way from everyone here. Peace

mikeross

mikeross

wow all these plans look so sick. I am framing out my basement grow but since im under bchydro i am going to run a 7 light setup with 8 plants. The one thing I am not sure on is spacing for my setup. Know i do have a very good idea from all my reading, especially within this tread, but it would be nice to see a 7k 8 plant setup. I have yet to see any plans or anyone do it.

I imagine it to look like this...

xox
oxo
xox
oxo
xox

x=plants
o=bulbs

this is a basement grow and i have all the room i need. I would love to have some exact dimension to frame the room to. even though i have all the space i want to make the room to exact size for my 7 lighter to save on materials and extra space taken.

any insight you give me is much appreciated.

thanks

Widowmaker

Widowmaker

9 site 12 lamp 22' x 22' room

9 site 12 lamp 50 inches

Need to know your plant so you can space your plants apart for best results.

B

Buddy Hemphill

Thanks bro!

I have a indica dom hybrid that will lateral out if I let it. Maybe too much indica for this run. I really dont know how tall it will get if I push veg. It is the stinkinest shit I have ever grown though. I wanna find out how she does in a UC. Fur shur.

Do you think 60-65 inches is too much with vert 1k cool tubes?

Effective light range should be 24-36 inches, correct?

I am vegging these babies pretty damn big (the plan) in an 8 gal veg room then putiing them in a 13 gal flower room. I will have them adjusted to the 1k's by then and on the same feeding regiment. Only difference will be CO2 in the flower room.

So I wont ever have the max light distance pushed, if I set my centers at...say...65" stem to stem, I dont think. My girls will be reaching out that far when I put them in there. Is this corrct thinking?

I want to have a comfortable work area around each of them. Or at least not have to do the jungle crawl.

Thanks dude. This info is golden to me right now.

Widowmaker

Widowmaker

Thanks bro!

I have a indica dom hybrid that will lateral out if I let it. Maybe too much indica for this run. I really dont know how tall it will get if I push veg. It is the stinkinest shit I have ever grown though. I wanna find out how she does in a UC. Fur shur.

Do you think 60-65 inches is too much with vert 1k cool tubes? You will lose ~6%~ (can't remember exact %) of your light with cool tubes. If you have a high ceiling, better to let the heat raise up then use cool tubes and ducting. With the UC your plant spacing is locked in and with cool tubes and duct your lights are locked in, you've got no flexibility. First time plant it UC, I'd want to be able to move the lights around easily.

Effective light range should be 24-36 inches, correct? Vertical lights normally don't have reflectors, so you lose about half the light, thus half the distance. So How Effective is the question.

I am vegging these babies pretty damn big (the plan) in an 8 gal veg room then putiing them in a 13 gal flower room. I will have them adjusted to the 1k's by then and on the same feeding regiment. Only difference will be CO2 in the flower room.

So I wont ever have the max light distance pushed, if I set my centers at...say...65" stem to stem, I dont think. My girls will be reaching out that far when I put them in there. Is this corrct thinking?

I want to have a comfortable work area around each of them. Or at least not have to do the jungle crawl.

Thanks dude. This info is golden to me right now.

IMHO DDs system is for gaming the low plant count limitations with a very high yielding plant that probably wasn't that good of quality. No disrespect to DDs.

:icon_spin:

B

Buddy Hemphill

Good stuff.

Very effective question...lol.. I am thinking of running these new Star Wars Ty Fighter model reflectors on my outside lights. I am < two weeks from hooking these up. I know there must be a huge light loss on the outside bulbs, thus my wheels started turning on a vert reflector. I am gonna hook them up in the next week or so and throw the light onto a wall to see what kind of dispersal I get. Maybe buy a light meter. I have never researched testing reflectors.

Yeah..I had some old umberellas...I figure this is better than scattering the light into the wall. Maybe not very efficient but its gotta be better than wasting light by throwing it into a wall. I think....lol...

What do you think? I am gonna remove the stamped reflector from the tube and use the one in the umberella.

DSC00573
DSC00574

Latest posts

Top Bottom