wing reflectors?

• Thread starter catdaddy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
catdaddy

catdaddy

i've been really wanting these but some what hesitant pulling the trigger on ordering them. how do you cool a room with these? i hear they are very efficient but i yet to see any talk about keeping the room cool while running them. if anyone have any experience with these reflectors could you shed some light on me. thanks in advance.

G

GeorgeKush

Adjust-A-Wing's are great! Easily cool them with fans if your room is not too big.
If you have a big room, i recommend you Adjust-A-Wing's with cooltubes.

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
I love adjustawings I have them in my 4k garden every flowering room I build from now on will be based around adjustawing reflectors

catdaddy

catdaddy

Adjust-A-Wing's are great! Easily cool them with fans if your room is not too big.
If you have a big room, i recommend you Adjust-A-Wing's with cooltubes.

hey thanks for the feedback. the room is 10x11x8 and what is consider too big?

ProdigyGrower I love adjustawings I have them in my 4k garden every flowering room I build from now on will be based around adjustawing reflectors

thanks man. how are you cooling that jungle with all of them watts?

J

johndeere

I run 2 600's in a 9x9x6. I have to run a 6500 btu window ac to keep the flowering area in the 76-82 range. I would highly reccomend 50 bucks extra on coolable fixtures as it will pay for itself many times over.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

It depends on your climate but most use A/C of some sort but if you have readily accessible COOL air you might not need it.

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

i'm an adjust-a-wings guy too. started a thread on why i don't use spreaders that has some info/technique in it. you can aim oscillating fans right into the canopy/s which cools the zone and the lamp while mixing and recycling the air. in my rooms, the air flow lightly rocks the wings back and forth which gives them a little bit of light mover value. i like it simple-direct and I know that the light's transmission is being optimized by the reflector design. live in temperate zone, therefore, don't need tubes and bringing in additional cooling is not an issue in my situation. good luck. think you'll like them.

ttystikk

ttystikk

I'm an adjust-a-wings guy, too. In my case I use it in conjunction with my light rotator, which solves any remaining problems with light distribution. Whatever you do, DON'T use the 'super spreader'- except maybe to stir your cocktail, lol

As far as setup goes, I run mine as wide as it will go, with the bulb hung as low in the fixture as possible. This maximizes sideshine, which along with my light rotator helps ensure that no plant is ever without adequate light, even if the hood is over the other side of the garden. I've seen people run the bulb up to the top of the adjustment range and pull the wings in tightly, and they always complain about hotspots.

IMHO, I think putting a cooltube in an adjust-a-wing is a step backwards, due to the fact that you're introducing a pane or two of glazing between the bulb and the plants. This reduces their advantage, although if that's what you have to do to keep things cool, it will be the lesser of two evils- the other being too hot. Be very sure you get and keep the cooltubes very clean.

catdaddy

catdaddy

thanks everyone for the informative input. if you don't mind me asking what type of style of grow -or most suitedyou got going using the aaw's?

Top Bottom