winter harvesting (10-20% humidity!)

• Thread starter Steve Z
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Steve Z

so, just as ways in summer to keep it from getting rot, what are ways i can keep the moisture IN the plant, took a sample branch off two days later its dry as a crisp, crumble dust.

im trying to set up a box or something IN my grow room, just to keep the RH a little higher, but i was curious

1. can i water right before i cut to keep some extra moisture in there? would that affect taste/high/potency during the cure?

2. if for some reason i have to deal with this low RH, can i really just pop them in bags in ONE DAY and let them sweat it out in there???

someone help! haha fuck the snow, drags all the water outta everything

sky high

sky high

If possible, utilize a cooler space to dry in. I recently hung 7 plants in a bedroom where the heat was turned off.....temps hovering around 55 or so....and it took 2 weeks for it to "snap" a stem.

It's not the snow....FWIW. Quite the contrary. If you check the humidity (like I just did) it's 78% in Denver right now and 52% "up here"....

And while we certainly have a super dry climate....for the most part it's HEATING the air in your home that dries it out.

hope that helps...

s h

G

Genius Genetics

when dryin try leaving the fan leaf's on and use less air flow also if ur buds are to dry try puttin some in a air tight baggie/container with some fresh fan leaf's or even iceberg lettuce to rehydrate the buds
you can raise the RH by puttin wet towels on a hot raditor

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
never had to deal with too low rh

but yeah less air flow and cooler temps - maybe even a humidifer cycled 15 minutes every hour - or whatever it takes to get you closer to 50%

youll get it dialed Im sure

happy new year bro

peace

G

Genius Genetics

no you dont want cooler temps!!

The warmer the temperature, the more capacity the air has to hold moisture. The cooler the temperature, the less moisture the air can hold. ...

wet towels on a hot radiator and low air flow in the dryin room to raise the RH

B

Beasters X Haze

ultrasonic humidifier or the Humid-it from Korea for larger projects

B

Bobby Smith

Make a simple drying box (plywood would be my choice) with a fan controlled by a humidistat, no? Without air flowing through the sealed box your humidity will jump to 80%+ in no time............just have a fan on a humidistat (to keep it between 55-65%) and you'll be fine.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
yeah if u water good the day before or that morning, that will get you and extra day or 2. i didnt water for 4 days before last chop my kq x dud dried in like 3 days. the chems got watered had no choice and they took 6 days to dry

G

Genius Genetics

Make a simple drying box (plywood would be my choice) with a fan controlled by a humidistat, no? Without air flowing through the sealed box your humidity will jump to 80%+ in no time............just have a fan on a humidistat (to keep it between 55-65%) and you'll be fine.

that sounds good to me bro

S

Steve Z

so thats what i did. i had a like hardwood big open up box, like one kids put toys in at the edge of their beds,

i made some racks and put it up. but its so cold in here (not running heat, save $ have a fireplace and the room is constantly ~78 from lights) that they were BONE DRY in 2 days. ive put it in a jar today and just checked and they have a TEENY bit of moisture, but i mean this is something that should would be like 3 weeks otherwise... and it has zero smell right now, when i know this strain has reeked

KID TWIST thank you man, that is exactly what i really wanted to know. just going to water the fuck out and hope for the best, im going to move the box to a WARMER part of the house like by the garden keep a little moisture.

my outdoor termo says 22% humidity up here, the snow is BONE DRY too. CO has that good shit haha

ML that could be done, but that just sounds like way too much work for me, LOL

Latest posts

Top Bottom