Winter In My Barn Attic For 12 Plants.

• Thread starter tj Wise
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tj Wise

tj Wise

I have the legal right to grow 12 plants. The summers are fun outdoors, but what can I do from 01-NOV thru 01-MAY? I have my barn attic with electricity with a lot of space. What is cost effective? I think it all comes down to lumens? And the right strains?

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

Indoors is a different beast than out. If you build something inside focus your investment on having the environment dialed in. Ime it's better to run a few lights with a dialed environment than a bunch of lights in a room that's constantly too hot and dry.

tj Wise

tj Wise

A humidifier, thermostats and fans, then? Pulling outside air should be able to avoid excessive heat. I can frame up a large indoor "cage" and control the airflow. And a whole-house humidifier (150$) ? Maybe 800 sq feet? A good attic exhaust fan (100$) and two good oscillating fans (100$ total)?

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

I'm no expert on the subject, I've been piecing my rooms together slowly for years. All I can suggest is thorough research in the design section and making sure your fans all have appropriate if not oversized Cfm ratings. As for oscillating fans, the more the better ime.

A lot has to do with the climate of your area.

Also, a seperate room for veg will keep your cycles flowing.

tj Wise

tj Wise

I'm going to frame up a room inside the barn. I'm thinking thick plastic sheeting for the walls, but no insulation.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Depending on how cold it gets, you're probably going to want some insulation. Styro sheets are very inexpensive. It's unlikely you're going to need a humidifier, but a dehumidifier may be necessary (transpiration can release quite a lot of moisture into the air).

If you're going to need extra heat, I personally am of the mind that it may as well give some light, too. When I needed heat, I added a light. Slightly less to half the wattage of a space heater. Or! If you can't spend the money, make an Electric Blanket Sandwich. I use them all the time.

Top Bottom