Winter Outdoor Run - Fire OG - First Thread!!!

• Thread starter Backyard_Boogie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Hi Guys,

Been growing for many years but I'm new to the online community. This is my first thread I figure I might as well start contributing. Im about 5 miles from the beach in the Huntington Beach area of Orange County, CA. One of the best things about being by the beach in OC is the year round weather. Climate zone 10A close enough to the beach so that the nights don't freeze which allows me to grow plants year round. Along with being able to grow Bananas and Pineapples I can also flower buds during the coldest months. Daytime temps in the 60s/70s and nighttime temps in the 40s/50s. I started this girl in my indoor grow tent late summer and really spent time topping the shit out of her. Got her bushed out pretty good. I transplanted her into a 5 gallon fabric pot and also got her in the metal trellis cage. Did some defoliating and stripped some water leaves. Put her on the South facing side of the property to catch the most Sun. She has been outside for about 2 weeks now and is really starting to stretch. 2nd week of flower. Should finish at about 5ft tall. I will be updating this thread as she starts to put on weight this is an excellent phenotype very vigorous and looks most similar to the badass clone that the seeds came from. S1 seeds pulled from a very hot and skunky Fire OG. Late 2000s cultivar with a very formidable scent. Stings the nostrils!!! LOL

Fire OG: 2 Weeks into Flower
Winter outdoor run   fire og   first thread

Winter outdoor run   fire og   first thread 2

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Hi Guys,

Been growing for many years but I'm new to the online community. This is my first thread I figure I might as well start contributing. Im about 5 miles from the beach in the Huntington Beach area of Orange County, CA. One of the best things about being by the beach in OC is the year round weather. Climate zone 10A close enough to the beach so that the nights don't freeze which allows me to grow plants year round. Along with being able to grow Bananas and Pineapples I can also flower buds during the coldest months. Daytime temps in the 60s/70s and nighttime temps in the 40s/50s. I started this girl in my indoor grow tent late summer and really spent time topping the shit out of her. Got her bushed out pretty good. I transplanted her into a 5 gallon fabric pot and also got her in the metal trellis cage. Did some defoliating and stripped some water leaves. Put her on the South facing side of the property to catch the most Sun. She has been outside for about 2 weeks now and is really starting to stretch. 2nd week of flower. Should finish at about 5ft tall. I will be updating this thread as she starts to put on weight this is an excellent phenotype very vigorous and looks most similar to the badass clone that the seeds came from. S1 seeds pulled from a very hot and skunky Fire OG. Late 2000s cultivar with a very formidable scent. Stings the nostrils!!! LOL

View attachment 1056653

View attachment 1056654
Nice work bro looks great, can't wait to see how she turns out

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Hi Guys,

View attachment 1056653

View attachment 1056654
Damn. Fire og. Mmmm. Looking great.

linde

linde

Hi Guys,

View attachment 1056653

View attachment 1056654
you lucky dog! Here I am already looking at snow in northen lower Michigan. I'm in the wrong damn state!

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

you lucky dog! Here I am already looking at snow in northen lower Michigan. I'm in the wrong damn state!
Yeah thats true but its so dam expensive here you definitely pay for the weather. It doesn't come free thats for sure LOL. You should be proud of where your from MI has stepped up their game within recent years there is a lot of great growers and genetics coming out of your area.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Yeah thats true but its so dam expensive here you definitely pay for the weather. It doesn't come free thats for sure LOL. You should be proud of where your from MI has stepped up their game within recent years there is a lot of great growers and genetics coming out of your area.
You ain’t kidding. Expensive is an understatement. Someday I may inherit the house in HB. That’d be the dream.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Im super stoked! Went out on the patio today and was checking out the plants. I think this is the pheno I have been searching for. This seed stock came from an unreal Fire OG clone that was wicked stanky. Old School cut. I have been popping beans the last 3 seasons now and although every one came out great none of them were quite like the mom. Behold... We may have found it. Haven't started adding any nitrates yet but already the leaves are turning that classic dark forrest green OG color with the red stems. The mom clone had some of the darkest OG color I have seen. I think once she is juiced up in flower she is gonna turn into a dark green/black badass! I cant wait! Im gonna hopefully link up with BurnzYzBudZz this weekend to grab some stanky ass Purple Chocolate male clones. Can't wait to see what types of wicked phenos come out after I pollen chuck her! Both parents are so good the offspring are almost guaranteed to be heaters! 🤞

I will keep everyone posted on how it goes. Peace!

IMG 2600

Last edited:
Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

OK first legit flowering update. Not exactly sure how many days in we are now I forgot the day I put her on the patio but here she is. Going full stretch OG BEAST MODE now! She is gonna be squat and fat little monster. This phenotype seems to have really tight inter-nodal spacing gonna be nice colas coming. Love the winter outdoor probably my favorite time of the endless Socal grow season. Makes for great colors too!

IMG 2619

IMG 2620

Also I was finally able to get my Auto Water Drip System set back up. The move into our new house has been crazy last few weeks I have been using a bucket and manually pitching water out of my 110 gallon aquarium in order to water the plants. BTW I only use aquarium water its much better than municipal tap water. Super clean all trace metals and chlorides are naturally removed. Anyways, I hooked up the inlet line with the water filtration system. Dripping about 30 gallons a day through the aquarium and collecting it in this large 40 gallon plastic water reservoir. Got the overflow pipe running and ran the exit pipping along my wall and punched it through the stucco. Im stoked finally its dripping and the flow rate has been calibrated. From here on my plant maintenance is pretty easy I do nothing and let the auto pump feed/water the plants every day. You can see the water dripping from my exit line. First whole punched with my mason bit and of course it was a stud LOL 🙄. Moved an inch over to the left and were all good!

IMG 2621

IMG 2625

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Nice grow mate your getting better temps n more sun in your winter than I’m getting in my summer ..... keep us posted BYB ... regards OD.

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

OK first legit flowering update. Not exactly sure how many days in we are now I forgot the day I put her on the patio but here she is. Going full stretch OG BEAST MODE now! She is gonna be squat and fat little monster. This phenotype seems to have really tight inter-nodal spacing gonna be nice colas coming. Love the winter outdoor probably my favorite time of the endless Socal grow season. Makes for great colors too!

View attachment 1062952
View attachment 1062953

Also I was finally able to get my Auto Water Drip System set back up. The move into our new house has been crazy last few weeks I have been using a bucket and manually pitching water out of my 110 gallon aquarium in order to water the plants. BTW I only use aquarium water its much better than municipal tap water. Super clean all trace metals and chlorides are naturally removed. Anyways, I hooked up the inlet line with the water filtration system. Dripping about 30 gallons a day through the aquarium and collecting it in this large 40 gallon plastic water reservoir. Got the overflow pipe running and ran the exit pipping along my wall and punched it through the stucco. Im stoked finally its dripping and the flow rate has been calibrated. From here on my plant maintenance is pretty easy I do nothing and let the auto pump feed/water the plants every day. You can see the water dripping from my exit line. First whole punched with my mason bit and of course it was a stud LOL 🙄. Moved an inch over to the left and were all good!

View attachment 1062954
View attachment 1062955

Yeaaa buddy looking for some PHAT DICKZ off this one :) I haven't grown outdoor yet but I'm here near you and Burnz. Rock on man I wanna see these colas!

👿 🤘

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Yeaaa buddy looking for some PHAT DICKZ off this one :) I haven't grown outdoor yet but I'm here near you and Burnz. Rock on man I wanna see these colas!

👿 🤘
So speaking of Burnz... We were able to link up the other day first time meeting the man himself in person. Very cool guy just met him on here only a few weeks ago but was more than willing to come over to my pad with a killer care package! He hooked me up with 3 male clones. Also some Garlic buds seeds that are supposed to be wicked. Ive never grew out a Garlic strain so I popped a few of those beans gonna give it a try. Got his very special male genetics in my tent right now and they have totally taken root. Shooting like weeds Im gonna flip the Purple Chocolate and get her to push balls quick. Little midget male clone. Im gonna carefully paint pollen on one selected branch of this outdoor Fire OG. It's going down. Cant wait to see how it comes out I think we got some winners on both of the parents side. 👍

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

So I walked out on my patio on Christmas Eve and low and behold... There was snow. I guess Im gonna have a White Christmas after all! LOL 😂
Merry Christmas everybody! Cheers I hope you guys stay safe this holiday season. Keep the fire burning! 🔥 Peace ✌

Strain: Fire OG
100% Organic Outdoor

IMG 2670

IMG 2669

IMG 2671

IMG 2672

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Happy New year everyone! Quick update on the Fire OG grow everything is developing nicely. I had a little scare a handful of days back. We had rain in the forecast and I made a mental note to remember to pull the plant under the patio cover. Unfortunately I fell asleep and forgot but was woke up at 6am to the sound of a downpour unleashing. Had to run outside and mover her but man she was totally soaked. Like you hit the plant with a garden hose. the entire plant and all branches were laying down and the water weight even bent the metal wire trellis. I was super bummed. Fortunately I was able to drag her in the house and I hit her very gently with a blow dryer on low temperature setting. I made sure to keep it plenty far away so as not to burn the leaves but I was able to slowly dry her out. I used some bamboo sticks and wire and after a few days in the sun she has fully lifted back up. I got very lucky that none of the branches snapped under the weight they were all flexible enough to bend all the way down. Here are some pics of her on New Years Day. Nice weather today in SoCal its dry and sunny with a high of 68 and a lows in the 40s.

IMG 2681

IMG 2680

IMG 2682

Marzcanna

Marzcanna

Happy New year everyone! Quick update on the Fire OG grow everything is developing nicely. I had a little scare a handful of days back. We had rain in the forecast and I made a mental note to remember to pull the plant under the patio cover. Unfortunately I fell asleep and forgot but was woke up at 6am to the sound of a downpour unleashing. Had to run outside and mover her but man she was totally soaked. Like you hit the plant with a garden hose. the entire plant and all branches were laying down and the water weight even bent the metal wire trellis. I was super bummed. Fortunately I was able to drag her in the house and I hit her very gently with a blow dryer on low temperature setting. I made sure to keep it plenty far away so as not to burn the leaves but I was able to slowly dry her out. I used some bamboo sticks and wire and after a few days in the sun she has fully lifted back up. I got very lucky that none of the branches snapped under the weight they were all flexible enough to bend all the way down. Here are some pics of her on New Years Day. Nice weather today in SoCal its dry and sunny with a high of 68 and a lows in the 40s.

View attachment 1074100

View attachment 1074099

View attachment 1074101
Good looking buds

Anthem

Anthem

View attachment 1074100

View attachment 1074099

View attachment 1074101
Get that plant out in the sun and try to get it into the wind to really get the moisture out of the buds. Bud rot takes a few days to show and the dry santa ana wind will help pull the moisture out of the buds.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Happy new year to you nice grow indeed mate .

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Yeah your right the dry winds are definitely helping for sure. I usually curse these winds because they make drying and curing a bitch. This is a rare time where Im glad the winds came after the downpour. I think we're in the clear the sun and wind have dried them out completely. If anything I had to add extra water to the fabric pots cuz they were getting really dry. When the humidity gets low I notice the plants go through a ton of water they can get bone dry if you forget to water.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Quick update. She is starting to turn into the black leaf beauty that I suspected she would. Were pushing later in flower and I bumped up nutrients a while back. We're starting to see the leaves change from that shade of dark green to purple then black. We will see how dark she gets. I love winter runs the plants love it when it cools off...

IMG 2700

IMG 2701

IMG 2703

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Ok fellas this will likely be the last living pic of her she is all finished. I will be chopping her down and hanging her in the next few days. This phenotype is by far the stinkiest rudest one that has come out of this seed run yet. Made these seeds years back and they are all great this pheno is the one. I can smell it seeping through the walls when Im sitting on the couch in the living room. I grow a lot of plants on my patio but its petty rare I smell them inside when my patio slider is closed LOL 😂

Great news also I took some Hail Mary flower cuts of her and out of a handful I was able to get 1 lucky one to re-veg. Looks like I was able to save her! Its game on Im gonna run this cut indoors under my new Scorpion Diablo board its gonna be even hotter than the outdoor I cant wait! 🔥🔥

IMG 2725

IMG 2730

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Ok fellas this will likely be the last living pic of her she is all finished. I will be chopping her down and hanging her in the next few days. This phenotype is by far the stinkiest rudest one that has come out of this seed run yet. Made these seeds years back and they are all great this pheno is the one. I can smell it seeping through the walls when Im sitting on the couch in the living room. I grow a lot of plants on my patio but its petty rare I smell them inside when my patio slider is closed LOL 😂

Great news also I took some Hail Mary flower cuts of her and out of a handful I was able to get 1 lucky one to re-veg. Looks like I was able to save her! Its game on Im gonna run this cut indoors under my new Scorpion Diablo board its gonna be even hotter than the outdoor I cant wait! 🔥🔥

View attachment 1081994

View attachment 1082004
Damn brother you crushed it. Nice work.

Top Bottom