winterization help

• Thread starter DaGrassyBowl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DaGrassyBowl

I've been making slabs for a few months now its not going really good.Last night I tried a strangers winterized eerl and was shocked. I'd like to start making some off my own and I have a few questions. Please respond if you can answer any of my questions! Thank you.
Any major do's or donts?
Can I blast straight into my everclear?
Does the ammount of alcohol that I put in my unpurged oil make a difference?
Can I put "too much" alchohol in it?
What's the proper temp to purge alcohol?
Will sitting in the freezer for too long effect my product?
Any answers will be greatly appreciated!

fractaLz

fractaLz

I'll keep my tech simple.

1. Take your BHO in any form and dissolve it in EtOH (ethanol) at a rate of 15-20ml of solution per gram

2. Keep solution in freezer for at least 48 hrs.

3. Filter with non-bleached coffee filter, I do this 3-5x depending on how crappy the starting material is.

4. I evap 100ml of solution at a time, this keeps it at a thin film instead of pooling which takes much longer to evap. The solution is evaporated on a griddle with the pyrex dish of solution sitting on top of another pyrex dish filled with water to even out the heat. I keep the solution at 150-160F for about 2 hours.

4. After repeating this 4x to get 4 scrapes, I throw it in the vac at 118-120F for 12hrs+ until I see no solvent bubbles

SoComa Kid

SoComa Kid

hey I'm new to the farm and had a few questions to see fellow blasters ! :-)also cool to see people trying to move towards a cleaner product. Stuff that dont make you hack for hours on end I had a few questions that maybe I ca.....lol......can i pick your brain for a minute..

D

DaGrassyBowl

I'll keep my tech simple.

1. Take your BHO in any form and dissolve it in EtOH (ethanol) at a rate of 15-20ml of solution per gram

2. Keep solution in freezer for at least 48 hrs.

3. Filter with non-bleached coffee filter, I do this 3-5x depending on how crappy the starting material is.

4. I evap 100ml of solution at a time, this keeps it at a thin film instead of pooling which takes much longer to evap. The solution is evaporated on a griddle with the pyrex dish of solution sitting on top of another pyrex dish filled with water to even out the heat. I keep the solution at 150-160F for about 2 hours.

4. After repeating this 4x to get 4 scrapes, I throw it in the vac at 118-120F for 12hrs+ until I see no solvent bubbles

Thank you very much! I don't have a vac, any recomendations?

SoComa Kid

SoComa Kid

I have a similar issMYSELF.right now basically I set my finished pyrex under a thousand watt to completely dehydrate it.usually make honeycomb crumble or wax and looking to refine tech....anyone to blast some stuff through a tube right???¿¿¿¿¿ me to make Jolly Rancher amber and shatter glass would be sick..........so is winterizing more of a technique for refining a lower quality product is it different than making glass?????

D

DaGrassyBowl

hey I'm new to the farm and had a few questions to see fellow blasters ! :)also cool to see people trying to move towards a cleaner product. Stuff that dont make you hack for hours on end I had a few questions that maybe I ca.....lol......can i pick your brain for a minute..

Questions for me?

SoComa Kid

SoComa Kid

Hey fractalz do you have any tips on how to make stabilize shader???? also a fellow blaster have some wax that seemed like it tasted so strong we have garlic and mercaptan is there a way to winterize and remove any trapped gas or is that too late

D

DaGrassyBowl

[q"SoComa Kid, post: 1159486, member: 58338"]Hey ractalz do you have any tips on how to make stabilize shader???? also a fellow blaster have some wax that seemed like it tasted so strong we have garlic and mercaptan is there a way to winterize and remove any trapped gas or is that too late[/quote]
I havent tried it yet but this may help you a bit.

fractaLz

fractaLz

Thank you very much! I don't have a vac, any recomendations?

Not to be an ass, but my recommendation would be to get a simple stainless steel vacuum chamber they sell on amazon or ebay so you can put it on a heat source. Grab that and a 6cfm mastercool pump and you have yourself a poor mans vac oven.

If you absolutely can't do that I would evap 50ml of solution at 150-160F, and then watch the temp closely to see when it starts jumping up to 175F, boiling point of EtOH is 173.1F. I would keep it there until you see that it just wants to start spiking, that means most the EtOH is evaped.... That would really be the only way to get out all of it effectively without a vac

Hey fractalz do you have any tips on how to make stabilize shader???? also a fellow blaster have some wax that seemed like it tasted so strong we have garlic and mercaptan is there a way to winterize and remove any trapped gas or is that too late

My only real tip is the same one I just gave DaGrassyBowl, invest in some cheap/effective equipment. To get shatter you need to heat your concentrate as you pull a vac. Winterizing will dissolve and remove the remaining butane, so then your concern is effectively evaping the EtOH

fractaLz

fractaLz

I have a similar issMYSELF.right now basically I set my finished pyrex under a thousand watt to completely dehydrate it.usually make honeycomb crumble or wax and looking to refine tech....anyone to blast some stuff through a tube right???¿¿¿¿¿ me to make Jolly Rancher amber and shatter glass would be sick..........so is winterizing more of a technique for refining a lower quality product is it different than making glass?????

I wouldn't recommend using a 1k watt for evap because you are degrading the THC with intense light.

Winterization is to remove the plant lipids,chlorophyll, butane, etc. Just a more refined, pure product

SoComa Kid

SoComa Kid

now if we want to make shattre that I assume we need to use another solvent mainly another high volume alcohol

D

DaGrassyBowl

Not to be an ass, but my recommendation would be to get a simple stainless steel vacuum chamber they sell on amazon or ebay so you can put it on a heat source. Grab that and a 6cfm mastercool pump and you have yourself a poor mans vac oven.

If you absolutely can't do that I would evap 50ml of solution at 150-160F, and then watch the temp closely to see when it starts jumping up to 175F, boiling point of EtOH is 173.1F. I would keep it there until you see that it just wants to start spiking, that means most the EtOH is evaped.... That would really be the only way to get out all of it effectively without a vac

My only real tip is the same one I just gave DaGrassyBowl, invest in some cheap/effective equipment. To get shatter you need to heat your concentrate as you pull a vac. Winterizing will dissolve and remove the remaining butane, so then your concern is effectively evaping the EtOH

Thank you man. Im definitely getting a vac but I was planning on doing 1-2g rus before anything serious. Do you think a hand pump would be sufficient for the time being? I really appreciate your great advise.

fractaLz

fractaLz

Thank you man. Im definitely getting a vac but I was planning on doing 1-2g rus before anything serious. Do you think a hand pump would be sufficient for the time being? I really appreciate your great advise.

Honestly, if you watch your temps and make sure the EtOH evaps completely with a thin-film evap, you should be fine with 1-2gr runs until you get your setup going

T

THCCBD420

Just wanted to touch base on the vac. I've been doing bho runs with a 3cfm robin air cosh about 130 and it pills to vac in about 30 seconds.

Top Bottom