wiring 15k genset

• Thread starter J.a.h.
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

J.a.h.

I'm wiring a 15k gen. to run 4-6 1000 watts. starting with 100 amp service box.I was wondering if anyone has the expertise to help with such an endevour.

Olyver

Olyver

I can help ya. First off, what kind of generator, diesel/NG/Propane. The 100A panel, you'll power all your equipmnet, I can hook you up with a custom panel, to match your genny.

Olyver

J

J.a.h.

I only have to worry bout from the genset on for now as the genny must run on the ass end of my tractor.I intend to buy a20k Wacker ( Comp compatible) but to prove the concept I bought a 15k single phase 120/240.Ibought a 100 amp breaker panel and now I want to put a little thought into what I build so I can just swap in the new gen when I can afford to. The gen really only has to run lights as I have hydro as well.

J

J.a.h.

Thanks Olyver I was hoping youd respond.Idon't know everything but what I don't my friends do.I'm gonna go make some posts so I don't have to wait a day to respond. I'll be back!

J

J.a.h.

Well over the last few days I decide to change my goal from begging for help to Help yourself. (as a side note it started me on a quest that ended with enrollment in an Electromechanic tech course at George Brown) I will do my best to document this build as I plod along gathering the parts and knowledge. I'v got enough to generate power 120/240 15 K 60 a single ph. This will only run lighting. Next I want to build a controller to start 4 1000's at 10 min intervals so I dont have to rely on mehanical timers. Just start the gen flip a switch an thats it. This might take awhile.

Top Bottom