Wiring for Lumatek E-Ballast

• Thread starter diesel23
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

diesel23

I just picked up a 1000w Lumatek ballast and the instructions say to wire the outlet with 2 hotwires and a ground and "DO NOT CONNECT THE NEUTRAL WIRE" because the ballast will not function properly. My outlet only has 3 wires; Black, White and Copper for the ground. I always thought the Black wire was hot and the White wire was neutral. Does this mean I don't connect the White wire? HELP!!!!!

I

ismokepot

Before you start wiring it up, I'd be worrying more about their meltdowns and fire hazards. Read some of the threads here about them and you'll see what I'm talking about. I'd return it and go with a Galaxy if i were u.......

T

TheMadHatter

lumetek came out with there new ballast, I dont think there are anymore problems I have had 15 of the old ones with no problems so far and I got of the new ones that are switchable

however I did read Zoo's thread and thats just fucked up If it happend to me I probably wouldnt use lumetek anymore.

B

boxmunch9

your best bet is to call lumatek, the guy is mad cool , jason i think, and will fill you in with the info, the number is on the sheet of paper in the box. If you use a neutral there will be a big sound coming from your fuse box, I did it for about 15seconds. It sounds like your running 110v so i cant really help you.

F

Fear

sounds like you need a 240v outlet. But what they mean is you need 120v + 120v + ground. 240v is to horizontal slots and a circle. 120 is 2 vertical slots and a circle, 20 amp 120v male cord end is one horizontal slot and one vertical slot and one circle. Circle is ground.

-Fear

B

Badmf

I spoke with Lumatek a week ago, they confirmed the problem and say its all good with new models. You must "hard-wire" the old ones according to them.

Top Bottom