wiring please help

• Thread starter bluegrass
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bluegrass

Hello you guys, I just got a replacement 1000 watt sun systems galaxy select a watt digital ballast, I have the proper cord, for it, now I need to know what mogul socket is best to use with it? I wired up a 5000k pulse start socket to one last night, black wire to black wire, white wire to white wire, and the green for the ground. It started up real nice and fast, got super bright, and then I hear a real loud pop and the ballast went up in smoke, it also made my 130 dollar bulb go haywire. I took it to the hydro shop and they replaced it with a select a watt 1000 watt digital ballast, pretty much the same thing but with the added select a watt feature. I am scared to death that it will blow again so I am asking you guys if I wired it up correctly? I hope it is safe to go ahead and try again and if you think I should order a new socket? If so what brand should I get? Thanks a lot!

I

InvisibleM

Mine is a 5k socket with 15 foot lamp cord, so you don't need to wire anything. Sun Systems.

Now if you had to wire it for some reason, it sounds like you have it correct. Just make sure there are no wires coming out of the wire nut...

Also you may have a fuse on the Gallaxy ballast.

lazarus718

lazarus718

Sounds like something got wired wrong bro!

If it popped on you like that I would suspect that you had a short somewhere or current going to ground, did it trip your house breaker? I wouldn't trust a used ballast at all, spend the extra dough and buy a new one in package.

:fighting0040:

Top Bottom