Wishbone’s Outdoor - Round 2

• Thread starter Wishbone
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

My neighbor's hermies from inside his greenhouse pollenated some buds in my outside garden last year.

Wishbone

Wishbone

Stardawg male bustin nuts. Took him outside for a quick drink.
9E9C7E37 5FBD 4D99 A81A 9AC12C8B74D4
C77C4A15 5FBD 474E 923F 1255557C25A8

Wishbone

Wishbone

The ladys are exploding, 9#s are surpassing the seed stock, except for the one that I transplanted into a 15 which is stunted, again. The 9#s, Stardawg and Mob are putting on inches a day, probably going to need to reconfigure the greenhouse and kick the tomatoes outside, we’ll see.

EE2B2C23 854D 4ED3 A359 DFC170F48A3A
CAC0D5BD 6AE4 47A9 8CEA DE200941F228
25EAEF5F A875 49BF 83C0 E65446E6CD60
65595C9F 04AE 4A0B 9D1C 842E611E0C13
DE97475B B5E1 44EA ABE1 1D41CB702B1F

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Stardawg male bustin nuts. Took him outside for a quick drink.
View attachment 820687 View attachment 820688

Wow, that really does work good.

The ladys are exploding, 9#s are surpassing the seed stock, except for the one that I transplanted into a 15 which is stunted, again. The 9#s, Stardawg and Mob are putting on inches a day, probably going to need to reconfigure the greenhouse and kick the tomatoes outside, we’ll see.

View attachment 820689 View attachment 820690 View attachment 820691 View attachment 820692 View attachment 820693

Looking good. They're getting big and they'll fill out soon.

I don't know because I'm no nutrient expert, but as soon as I saw the 9#s you transplanted into the 15gal I thought of this pic in the Encyclopedia. I would definitely ask a second opinion though. Unless you know that you added a lot of nitrogen rich nutes or the soil was premixed with them.
20180805 110341

If you agree with me and want more info I'll send you pics of the pages talking about nitrogen. If it is excess nitrogen it shouldn't be hard to fix. A good flush and maybe some Fox Farms Sledgehammer to help break up any locked up nutes should do it. Then lightly feed till recovered. Smartpots make it so easy to flush without worry of overwatering.

The runt is starting to flower, no other plants are throwing pistols yet, odd.

View attachment 820694 View attachment 820695

She looks very happy. Nice tomatoes.

Wishbone

Wishbone

Wow, that really does work good.

Looking good. They're getting big and they'll fill out soon.

I don't know because I'm no nutrient expert, but as soon as I saw the 9#s you transplanted into the 15gal I thought of this pic in the Encyclopedia. I would definitely ask a second opinion though. Unless you know that you added a lot of nitrogen rich nutes or the soil was premixed with them.
View attachment 820700
If you agree with me and want more info I'll send you pics of the pages talking about nitrogen. If it is excess nitrogen it shouldn't be hard to fix. A good flush and maybe some Fox Farms Sledgehammer to help break up any locked up nutes should do it. Then lightly feed till recovered. Smartpots make it so easy to flush without worry of overwatering.

She looks very happy. Nice tomatoes.

I had considered that, but the soil is the exact same in all pots/plants, every other plant is thriving right now. I’m using a no till soil, so no nutes have been added to any pots/plants besides the original amendments to the soil, primarily neem seed and blood meal for nitro. I would like to avoid bottles if at all possible, all the 9#s were stunted for a few weeks after the first transplant, I’m hoping she will shake it off.

She looks quite healthy to me, other than not growing lol, which was exactly what happened the first time. In retrospect, should have left her in the 10 and used the soil from the 15 for the trainwreck. Live and learn, even if she doesn’t make it I still have plenty of happy healthy plants to work with ;)

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I had considered that, but the soil is the exact same in all pots/plants, every other plant is thriving right now. I’m using a no till soil, so no nutes have been added to any pots/plants besides the original amendments to the soil, primarily neem seed and blood meal for nitro. I would like to avoid bottles if at all possible, all the 9#s were stunted for a few weeks after the first transplant, I’m hoping she will shake it off.

She looks quite healthy to me, other than not growing lol, which was exactly what happened the first time. In retrospect, should have left her in the 10 and used the soil from the 15 for the trainwreck. Live and learn, even if she doesn’t make it I still have plenty of happy healthy plants to work with ;)

Oh yeah, I don't think she'd die. Just a matter of final results. I burned my Royal Nepal Kush last summer when I topped dressed them with guano right at the flip. They got dark green like that but I flushed them with 3x the normal water and they brightened up within a couple days. Nitrogen is a mobile nutrient so results can show very quickly and effect the whole plant. It's one of my favorite nutes for that reason.

Wishbone

Wishbone

Oh yeah, I don't think she'd die. Just a matter of final results. I burned my Royal Nepal Kush last summer when I topped dressed them with guano right at the flip. They got dark green like that but I flushed them with 3x the normal water and they brightened up within a couple days. Nitrogen is a mobile nutrient so results can show very quickly and effect the whole plant. It's one of my favorite nutes for that reason.

Cool, I’ll try a flush, 3x all at once?

F

FutureGrower

@Wishbone you can checkout some of tad Hussey from Kis organic podcasts. They are on iTunes and on his website the podcast is called cannabis cultivation and science.

Some great names and interesting conversations, atleast in my opinion

Wishbone

Wishbone

@Wishbone you can checkout some of tad Hussey from Kis organic podcasts. They are on iTunes and on his website the podcast is called cannabis cultivation and science.

Some great names and interesting conversations, atleast in my opinion

Awesome, thank you!

Wishbone

Wishbone

I have a good round of updates coming, but need some advice ASAP. A few of the girls are hitting the top of the greenhouse (6’6”) and I feel there is more vertical growth to be had. What’s the play? Bend em sideways?

813880EA 6B7D 478D 9ED2 FB06301E58DD
DBB019F0 90DD 4B06 B4E1 C65C9D8D27AE

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I could run some cord or net between the greenhouse supports to spread the out/over.

Yup. You've got a lot of growth to go still. I like your net idea. I would go with a net with good sise holes so it works like a ScrOG and they grow through it. I had to take down my shade screen for the same reason. If you have the time and inclination, and not too many stalks, you can tie them down by hand. They'll bloom more after you bend them (LST) no matter what technique you use.

Lookin good.

Wishbone

Wishbone

Yup. You've got a lot of growth to go still. I like your net idea. I would go with a net with good sise holes so it works like a ScrOG and they grow through it. I had to take down my shade screen for the same reason. If you have the time and inclination, and not too many stalks, you can tie them down by hand. They'll bloom more after you bend them (LST) no matter what technique you use.

Lookin good.

So just bend the tops horizontal to get the height down and let them zig back vertical through the net?

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Latest posts

Top Bottom