Witch of fhese 2 COB are best?

• Thread starter Ph 007
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ph 007

Ph 007

Hi everyone

I have been meaning soon when money is good to get COB light

In have a 4x4 area I want to cover, I was of going to get to of these cob's off eBay in link below to replace my 600watt HPS

But now speaking to someone on this forum and seeing his results in not sure if 2 of the light he uses in the link be low be better? Less watt they are . I just want same yield or better as my hps with the electric saving by using led,,

Any info be great thanks

Fangthane

Fangthane

While they are technically chips mounted on boards, I've never actually seen anyone conflate Quantum boards and COBs. Anyway, If you'd opt for the actual HLG board in the bottom link, it looks like you'd need 4 of them to flower a 4x4 tent. If cost is an issue, that may be a deal breaker.

Since name brand doesn't really mean much to me, in this particular context, I'd opt for something along the lines of the top link - except there are much better deals to be found if you have no issues with ordering from China. I can't remember the exchange rate, but 280 pounds sounds kinda pricey. At this point, I'd especially avoid paying top dollar for anything running the LM561c diodes, since they're a bit outdated and I think they're appreciably less efficient than the LM301b diodes (not 100% sure, though).

Here are 250 watt QB setups from a Chinese manufacturer. 2 of these should effectively do the same job as 4 of the actual HLG boards, based on what I've seen people posting on this site: https://kingbriteled.en.alibaba.com...2.html?spm=a2700.icbuShop.98.2.1262562e0h9HiJ

Everyone who I've seen mention buying them seems to have great things to say about their performance.

basscaptain

basscaptain

Hi everyone

I have been meaning soon when money is good to get COB light

In have a 4x4 area I want to cover, I was of going to get to of these cob's off eBay in link below to replace my 600watt HPS

But now speaking to someone on this forum and seeing his results in not sure if 2 of the light he uses in the link be low be better? Less watt they are . I just want same yield or better as my hps with the electric saving by using led,,

Any info be great thanks
just bypass all that and get your self something off Fangthane Link ....I just order 2 last night......... and I'm thinking about having them send me 1 more set....

basscaptain

basscaptain

While they are technically chips mounted on boards, I've never actually seen anyone conflate Quantum boards and COBs. Anyway, If you'd opt for the actual HLG board in the bottom link, it looks like you'd need 4 of them to flower a 4x4 tent. If cost is an issue, that may be a deal breaker.

Since name brand doesn't really mean much to me, in this particular context, I'd opt for something along the lines of the top link - except there are much better deals to be found if you have no issues with ordering from China. I can't remember the exchange rate, but 280 pounds sounds kinda pricey. At this point, I'd especially avoid paying top dollar for anything running the LM561c diodes, since they're a bit outdated and I think they're appreciably less efficient than the LM301b diodes (not 100% sure, though).

Here are 250 watt QB setups from a Chinese manufacturer. 2 of these should effectively do the same job as 4 of the actual HLG boards, based on what I've seen people posting on this site: https://kingbriteled.en.alibaba.com...2.html?spm=a2700.icbuShop.98.2.1262562e0h9HiJ

Everyone who I've seen mention buying them seems to have great things to say about their performance.
the 135 w led is 15$$$ us... more then I payed for the 240 w....

Ph 007

Ph 007

Some nice info their thanks for that.. I have seen one one aliexpress I didn't check alibaba I can now awe by your link their are alotmod seller i shall look through them and get the better version and 2 of them thanks :)

Ph 007

Ph 007

Some nice info their thanks for that.. I have seen one one aliexpress I didn't check alibaba I can now awe by your link their are alotmod seller i shall look through them and get the better version and 2 of them thanks :)
Do you have a link so I can have a loonk thanks

basscaptain

basscaptain

Last edited:
Fangthane

Fangthane

make it simple get the 3000K
I'd looked at the ones you linked to, with the CREE XP-E diodes, and their red output looked impressive. With the 480 watt V2 QB I'm looking at, the CREE chips just jack the price WAYYYY up. My broke ass is gonna get the one with the cheaper Epistar 660nm diodes instead.

Thinking I'm gonna go with 3500K.

Did you notice they just updated the site to include a newer version? CREE red diodes and switchable UV/IR diodes. Look kinda promising.

basscaptain

basscaptain

I'd looked at the ones you linked to, with the CREE XP-E diodes, and their red output looked impressive. With the 480 watt V2 QB I'm looking at, the CREE chips just jack the price WAYYYY up. My broke ass is gonna get the one with the cheaper Epistar 660nm diodes instead.

Thinking I'm gonna go with 3500K.

Did you notice they just updated the site to include a newer version? CREE red diodes and switchable UV/IR diodes. Look kinda promising.

I just order this also to see the diff .. last night I got the one's from the 1st link from buzz.....

I got this in the 3500K ...... 1 set to put in a diff spot, $ 50.00 less

Fangthane

Fangthane

you pay that for a POS off e-bay
Yeah. Really wishing I'd known about Alibaba several months ago, when I had a few bucks to play with. Definitely would have gone a different direction with my last light upgrade. I'm fairly happy with what I ended up getting for $175, but would have jumped on a Kingbrite QB setup if I'd known they existed. Glad I finally found a more cost-effective option than Amazon for my future lighting needs. When I looked at lighting on eBay, everything just seemed way overpriced, even compared to what the same thing cost on Amazon.

basscaptain

basscaptain

Yeah. Really wishing I'd known about Alibaba several months ago, when I had a few bucks to play with. Definitely would have gone a different direction with my last light upgrade. I'm fairly happy with what I ended up getting for $175, but would have jumped on a Kingbrite QB setup if I'd known they existed. Glad I finally found a more cost-effective option than Amazon for my future lighting needs. When I looked at lighting on eBay, everything just seemed way overpriced, even compared to what the same thing cost on Amazon.
I'm glad I jump that post cause I almost did the same thing as you..... and then buzz jumping in help... You should be happy with it , it made a big diff them your 4000w 90.00 1st light that got you started...... It's how most people do it..... I'm the Lucky one I get to by pass the learning $$$$ on this one....

basscaptain

basscaptain

Now I'm trying to change my 1st order over to those New one's you linked up.... same $$$ there F..king Sweet

well that didn't work out the one's from last shipped already.... Now That's SERVICE....... So I paid a little more and got this instead of the cheaper one's screw it I'm only doing it once for a long time I hope.....

Last edited:
basscaptain

basscaptain

there so new there's a 12 day lead time.... Talk about service.....

basscaptain

basscaptain

PH 007 check out all 3 of the links you can go with the cheaper ones for 117.00$$ us if so use the 3500k option, or the ones with the cree leds for 183,00 but if that the ones your thinking of getting you mat want to check out the New one for the same $$$ if you can wait for a few weeks these new ones look really sweet.... I do have a set of them coming the ones with the cree I got in 3000K....

ty buzz and fang for the links to this ...........................

Ph 007

Ph 007

So Manny links now lol, glad i stated this chat. Iv not got money to buy yet probably a few months, iv been saying they for months lol

I'd rather better light not bother on the electric or so much on the price aslobg as it gives me more yeild and beats my HPS

Whats the link for the one you just orderd?
To many links to go through at moment can't be assed to go through then all on my phone lol when I go to buy ill go through then on my laptop in this chat :)

basscaptain

basscaptain

there shipping just went up 5$ and they did put a lead time of 15 days on the web site..

Ph 007

Ph 007

I wouldn't spend a penny on any of them. All over priced stuff. You're paying for a name.
Can u send me a kink to cheaper ?
I was gonna but off eBay Kelvin range same thing I think cost note so alibaba is bargain, and I can't be assed to build my own and find a dimmer that will work

basscaptain

basscaptain

Can u send me a kink to cheaper ?
I was gonna but off eBay Kelvin range same thing I think cost note so alibaba is bargain, and I can't be assed to build my own and find a dimmer that will work
I'd like to see a link too... and not for the parts cause I don't have time to build more stuff right now...

Top Bottom