With or Without ? to be molasses

• Thread starter makeitstink
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

makeitstink

I like trying new things but I like to know the difference in taste and smell. But first I will try without and then with ! so far The Morocco Skunk mix is dry and airy without the molasses mixed in with the water. next round I will add the molasses into the water and then I will write a view on the taste and smell of the plant when its being burnt. If any know how this is going to turn out, lets get it out in the open, and be the first to throw the truth down. I cant write a view on something I dont know ! Does any body have a view on this comparison.

M

makeitstink

look people

Im talking to my self again , are you guys HIGH !

Jeezer

Jeezer

I tried molasses but saw no real difference. I run gen hydro 3 part with koolbloom and cal mag. i like to keep it simple. i would say i do a pretty damn good job. Thats all you need. The real secret to quality buds and yield is maintaining a perfect environment throughout the grow and keeping adequate nutrients, no extras, no deficiencies. (on top of good genetics)

S

SSHZ

If you use enough of the molasses the last few weeks, you WILL notice a slight taste and smell of the molasses. Not overwhelming mind you, but it's there. I've noticed it numerous times. It's important to remember you are also giving the plants carbs (sugars), iron, calcium, Mg and other micro nutes. So it's not only for taste and smell but overall health too. It's cheap and easy so why not?

M

makeitstink

I think I have had a bad exp, in the taste using fox farm and I started looking into the things that give it taste, bat guano helped a little, but not much ! As this has been a bad attempt trying to make a shitty weed taste good. I bought the seeds on line thinking it had a good taste and smell. Really every time I smoke out it taste like worm dirt and I hope to change this to something good . Any ideas ? cool.

S

SSHZ

Remember, the taste and smell is put off by the resin so generally, the more of it- the better tasting/smell you'll find. Some of this is based on genetics, so buy items known to poccess these qualities. But I can think of many things off the top of my head that don't have much of either. Organic growing helps some, as does letting it go long in flowering.

M

makeitstink

You have got to be right on the long flowering, because the longer I let it sit the better the smell, not much but it is better ! I just wish I Started With a better strain, that naturally had a strong smell with taste. I started with Morocco Skunk mix seed and thought that if it said skunk it would stinnk good and strong. 18 months breeding seed for nothing. I thought it was just me, and the problem growing it because the clones I bought were just as week . Some clubs sell good clones but I really like good taste and smell. Im old school at 42 this last week and as kids we said if it has red hair we'll buy it . But back then it was all green because I lived in Northern California. Really close to Humbolt County.

S

SSHZ

You ain't old school buddy, I'm 55. If you are looking for taste and smell, I would go with TGA Subcool's stuff- he seems to specialize in taste/smell over all else!

Jeezer

Jeezer

if your in cali theres elite genetics all over the place. just gotta be on the hunt to find exactly what you want.

M

makeitstink

You ain't old school buddy, I'm 55. If you are looking for taste and smell, I would go with TGA Subcool's stuff- he seems to specialize in taste/smell over all else!
Im not sure watt is TGA Subcool's stuff is this is the first time I have heard of this.

S

SSHZ

Go to a seed vendor that sells his gear and review some of the strains..... there is plenty out there on Subcool, the breeder and his wife. I haven't grown any of his stuff for years now but he is known to concentrate on smell and taste in his breeding process.......

Top Bottom