Woke up with a bad nose bleed

• Thread starter 7munkee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
7munkee

7munkee

I have been smoking Cannabis daily for 40+ years. I also have high blood pressure and have been on meds for 5 years for it.

Saturday morning, I woke up with a heavy nosebleed that would not stop. It was running down my throat and out one of my nostrils. The humidity in my room was 65%so it wasn't that. I went to the hospital and they couldn't get it to stop either, so they shoved a Tampon in my nose to stop the flow, handed me a bottle of Vicodin and sent me home with orders to come back in 2 days to get the tampon removed.

the next day, I fired up a joint and after three or four hits the nosebleed returned with a vengeance. The Dr removed the tampon and cauterized the inside of my nose to seal the blood vessels.

I assumed the 'sucking' on the joint is what caused it.

Has anyone else experienced nosebleeds from smoking?

Z

Zill

Mumkee,

The attached article from Harvard med school mentions a transient pop in blood pressure while puffing and afterwards. If you’re on that fingertip ledge of BP control maybe ask the physician for something stronger or a more potent pill you are taking now.

Zill.

7munkee

7munkee

Mumkee,

The attached article from Harvard med school mentions a transient pop in blood pressure while puffing and afterwards. If you’re on that fingertip ledge of BP control maybe ask the physician for something stronger or a more potent pill you are taking now.

Zill.
I have known about that for a couple years now, my DR told me it raises your BP a little bit at first but then actually lowers it.

My BP has been pretty controlled the last few years and averages like 125/85 IF I remember to take my pills (4 pills in the morning and 2 more at dinner and bed). I have a cuff/monitor set up from my DR. She told me to check it a few times a day.

When i went to the ER they said my BP was pretty good, So I have ruled that out as to the cause.

I DID learn from that article that the risk of a heart attack is several times higher within the first hour after getting high.

I take a low dose aspirin each day as part of the BP regimen but have had to hold off since the nosebleed.

Maybe I have smoked so much that all my receptors are full and when I do get high my brain has no clue what to do with the cannabinoids lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom