Wonder Woman After 7 Weeks Flowering

• Thread starter ClosetCas3
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

ClosetCas3

Hi, this is my first post and I'm looking for help/advice.

This is my second attempt at a hydroponic grow and I was quite happy with my first grow results but wanted to try for more on my second grow. I only grow for personal use but I'd like to make sure I have enough to maintain my flow and I want quality.

The 2 girls are feminized wonder woman seeds.
I'm using a hydroponic system with
I have 190CFM fan pushing air through 6" tubing to the 600 watt HPS light.
I have been trying to keep the light about 4-5 inches off the girls. It's not overly hot IMO.

I use the GH Flora Trio series for nutrients along with Aquashield to keep everything in check.

The grow room is approx 78-82 degrees. Humidity is low, probably around 20%.

The water tank is 62 degrees, run through a water cooler.

Right now there is approximately 15 gallons of water sitting about 980 PPM and 6.5 PH.

At this stage I usually keep the tank around 1200-1400 PPM and look for around 5.8 - 6.2 PH.
the reason my numbers are lower right now is because i Just filled the tank and have not added nutrients.

For the last 2ish weeks the top leaves really burned up, very yellow and shriveled in. I'm not sure if it is nutrient burn or something I'm doing wrong with the setup. I really want the buds to get larger but do to a time constraint I'm probably going to be harvesting in less than two weeks.

Maybe there is something I can do better, or add to make the yield better? I'm open to advice. Appreciate the help.

Wonder woman after 7 weeks flowering
Wonder woman after 7 weeks flowering 2
Wonder woman after 7 weeks flowering 3
rubthe nub

rubthe nub

The light is WAY to close
You should be about triple that distance from the bulb, 12"-15"
Trim off all the brown dead leaves and raise that light.

Looking at you pics a second time
If you raised that light you'd get a better 'footprint' of that light as well.
Read up on canopy management a little. Maybe a small screen or scrog

C

ClosetCas3

OK, I've moved the lights up as you stated.

From what I've read online the light should be kept as close as possible to the buds for penetration. It would make a tighter bud?
And of course the question is how close it too close and everything I read said as long as it's not uncomfortable for your hand its ok.
It really was not very hot under the light unless you are within an inch or two.

I do agree completely about the footprint of the light itself though. you can see that the HPS bulb is hovering directly over the back right girl and the front left girl is not getting near as much light. The MH bulb I start with is much longer and has a much wider coverage. I'm not sure how I can extend my coverage any more. The hood is a gull wing reflector and the growing area itself along with the tank is wrapped in reflective covering.

D

DANKSY

Premium Member
Supporter
as close is possible means as close without messing with your buds... if you are having trouble like you explain.. your light is too close. 1000 watts 18-24' above plant is good and you will get nice side buds too..

Calixylon

Calixylon

I use 600s in my small tents and 1 foot is the standard, having it that close just frys the plants, if you wanna grow with lights that close try LED of T5's but it wont produce as much as a HID. Compact buds for the most part are genetics ive found, some strains paticulurly sativas are a bit fluffier, and indicas tend to be denser, but not always the case.

C

ClosetCas3

Thanks for the help.

Does anyone have any suggestions to improve the yield other than moving the light up which I've done?

william76

william76

If u sort out the little things like light etc. Ull get a better yield,76

ghettogrower

ghettogrower

Getting your plants dialled in with a good feeding regime And optimal conditions will give you best results.....read your plants is the best advice I can give mate...learn the language of ganja and understand what your plants are telling you...happy farming geez :)

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

Thanks for the help.

Does anyone have any suggestions to improve the yield other than moving the light up which I've done?

Same answer I've already provided.
Screen or scrog
Read up on canopy management

Top Bottom