Wondering if i can consolidate nutrients

• Thread starter Vb2flat2surf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

So I have successfully gone through 6 grows and 15 months under my belt (Primarily Autoflowers in the beggining). I've managed to slowly get better each grow and am now growing what many (dispensery owners, other local and non local growers, vendors, friends and family) consider to be top shelf and if not very close top shelf herb. There are a few that follow me on here and know that my wife and I are in process of growing medical cannabis for patients and obtaining patients rights to plant count.
My question is, in order to get to where I am at in quality, I have gone through ALOT of nutrients. My issue is I like a little bit of everything from what ive purchased (be mindful I'm still new and open minded) and as a matter of fact I incorporate ingredients from different manufacturers. The list of ingredients and what i like include but not limited to 1. FoxFarm Trio Pack. (simple) 2. Gaia Green (Plants THRIVE) 3. Technaflora (Great for Hydro and Soil and I LOVE Sugar Daddy)
4. General Hydroponics (Very inexpensive for hydro. First time using it this current grow)
5. Open Sesame/ChaChing/ Beastie Bloom ( Made my buds rock hard and dense AF)
CalMag or Epsom Salt, Mollasses (If not using Sugar Daddy).
I sat down and tallied it up and granted im getting good results, I feel like I am spending a shit ton on nutrients. Is this common in order to get top results? Is it required if doing soil and hydro to have different bute lines? OR Better yet, is there a line that I should look into that will take care of everything from start to end, with bud hardness and density.
Thank you for all the help.
those that were asking what my final weight on my last grow was 1.OG Kush 166 grams (trimmed alot off for tincture and butter) Score of 10 for smell, smoke, sticky, and buzz. 2. Skywalker OG 134 grams (Had to pull very early due to powdery mildew) Score of 9 on smell, smoke and taste. 3. Fire OG 176 grams ( grew the for longest and had the densest buds). Score of 10 on looks, Score of 7 on smell and taste and 6 on buzz.. Total of 456 grams .79 Grams per watt over a 126 day period
Thank you in advance for any help.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Yes. Im sure I could sit down and write out everything I'm getting from each line and that may help. but I would love tonsee of there is a commercial line or line that may not be popular by name. I know there are SOOOO many company's out there. Been hearing alot of good things about Nectar OF Gods.

ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

Focus on ingredients, not brands. On the synthetic side, it's all the same stuff...bulk agricultural chemicals dissolved in water with pretty labels. Your success comes from your skill, not their bottles. If you want to go down the rabbit hole, get yourself a copy of Hydrobuddy (a free program) or something similar. That will let you look at your nutrient program as a recipe of elemental ingredients.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Yes. Im sure I could sit down and write out everything I'm getting from each line and that may help. but I would love tonsee of there is a commercial line or line that may not be popular by name. I know there are SOOOO many company's out there. Been hearing alot of good things about Nectar OF Gods.
As artful codger mentioned, plants have pretty much the same basic needs so brand is not as important as what's in them. More important is knowing how each one affects your plants and when to apply.

I use probably the most basic of the basic, GH Floranova, and it has worked very well for me and it's all in one bottle. It has all the ions my girls need to thrive. I amend with B vitamins, cal/mag and silicate. During the first 6 weeks of flower I amend my recipe with Bud Candy. I've run pretty much every boutique and corporate fertilizer that has come out on the market. Are some better than others? Sure but that depends on so many other factors like grow media, environment, plant genetics, etc. so to call out one fert as being better than another is subjective to that persons experience and the conditions they put their plants in. This is why it's important that one forms their own recipe that works for them. Guidelines can be suggested from prior experience of others but I always say use what works for you and the experience you've had in your process. Doing this will elevate your skill set and, circling back to what artful codger posted, will ultimately increase your yields.

Moshmen

Moshmen

You need some of those nutes maybe not in that expensive form I personally use botanicare pure blend grow pro and bloom - tap water adding epsom when needed , course I might be bias but I feel I grow top shelf or near top shelf bud - I’ve seen masters here on the farm do it with masterblend or jacks dry nutes cheaper yet - short answer is yes you can grow top shelf bud with less expensive stuff it’s just finding what works for your style - I use the bottles cuz it’s easy and I’m lazy

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Thank you for all the replies. I have always known that the basics nutrients that are needed can be off brand. ONLY reason I started with name brands was the not knowing and assuming there were "extras". I realize at the end of the day I'm a landscaper and horticulturalist which is what really helps. I just want to maximize now and step it up.

GrimReffer

GrimReffer

Mega Crop from greenleaf nutrients cost .3 cents a gallon. Gets great results is super simple and cheap.

Top Bottom