Wondering whats going on with my babies

• Thread starter CaptainCLE420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OldManRiver

OldManRiver

I agree with what you are saying, but I think for many, it's too advanced. Most people take a bit of time to get the basics down. Why make it more complicated?
Because when you do it the 'simple' way, you get poorer results. It boils down to your level of motivation, and a lot of people can't find the motivation to understand some fairly simple things. Growing weed is easy. Try growing shrooms if you want complicated.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Let me try it this way....
I love helping, but even I don't want a wait line for people growing. There are too many getting into growing to teach them all up front what they need. And with the marketing now... They don't have a huge chance of getting it right until they come here or somewhere similar. So to help them out, FF OF or something like it is needed.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Nutes, in particular nitrogen, washing out reasonably quickly is what you want when growing weed. I think they are washed out less quickly than you think, certainly if you are in the ground, rather than pots, as I am. Nutes aren't food, they are more like vitamins. An excess of nutes is much harder to remedy than a shortage. I am currently battling an excess of nitrogen from too much manure over the past five years.
100% agree. Except once dissolved they can be leeched easily. Like a flush in media. But yes I'm with you better to little and supplement than to much. I just wouldn't solely rely on synthetics in this case.

CaptainCLE420

CaptainCLE420

Appreciate both of you guys. I'm definitely I want to learn it type of guy. Im in it to learn how to do in it right and eventually be a great we'll educated grower. You guys both gave me great info. I'm going to try the @OldManRiver recommendations and see what happens.
Also so from your comment I believe you mentioned to stick with the same soil ? Even tho they are going to be re planted into bigger pots? Just making sure I read it right. I did originally start with some organic soil and switched to the happy frog when I repotted because I seen alot of people claiming the stuff was good. Hopefully I can still manage to make these work and get a decent yield.

Thanks again

Madbud

Madbud

Well by synthetic I mean excluding slow release. The reason I say that is because they are immediately available and soluable so they are quickly washed out of the soil in a heavy rain unlike organic amendments.

Your points are exactly why I say this. But that's not to say that if they need a bump synthetics aren't good because that's exactly what I would use for a boost
Take a shit ton of rain, my plants shed rain like an umbrella.

CaptainCLE420

CaptainCLE420

Still don't get whats going on. Feel like they should have grown more. Bottom leaves still yellow. I used the aluminum to bring down pH and then got hit with like 3 weeks of rain. Haven't added any nutes because I thought the lower leaves yellowing might have been over watering. Don't know what to do now . Didn't want to just grab potassium without consulting y'all first. 2 of them got taller , 2 of them just stayed where they were at height wise. What do I do?!? Lol

IMG 20210725 172240386 HDR
IMG 20210725 172234522 HDR
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Still don't get whats going on. Feel like they should have grown more. Bottom leaves still yellow. I used the aluminum to bring down pH and then got hit with like 3 weeks of rain. Haven't added any nutes because I thought the lower leaves yellowing might have been over watering. Don't know what to do now . Didn't want to just grab potassium without consulting y'all first. 2 of them got taller , 2 of them just stayed where they were at height wise. What do I do?!? Lol
They are hungry.

INDICAtive

INDICAtive

Remove the bottom leaves. Once damaged, there is no recovery.
Exactly. They wont come back like zombies. Pop em off. If the next set starts yellowing you know theyre still hungry. If you think theyre touchy now wait til flower time. Haha. As far as the difference in height.... Some strains/phenotypes grow slow and stocky so they might be fine now.
Just keep reading man. Read read read.

INDICAtive

INDICAtive

What kind of seeds did u pop? Fem or reg? Same strain for all? If u know what youre growing u can have a general idea of what evironment/feeding they prefer and people might have experience with that strain n be able to help.

CaptainCLE420

CaptainCLE420

What should I feed them ?? I haven't gave them any nutes yet just soil acidifier to lower pH. I have organic miracle grow but people have mixed ideas about miracle grow. Some say hell no, some say it'll be ok u til flowering. Pic of it below. Some say to feed them single nutes out of the NPK that way you can give it exactly what it needs not just a mix. I'm a little worried because these plants been growing for a while and definitely think they should be farther along... Not too worried tho it's my first time and I know I got a lot to learn but really want to have at least some success and be able to yield something ! Just check my ph again it's at 6.8 going to try and get it at least to 6.5 with a little more acidifier. Thanks for the feed back y'all. Bout to pick those leaves off now and drop ph and possibly feed them some this miracle grow even if it's just half of what it recommend to give it something to eat.

IMG 20210728 131106941 HDR
IMG 20210728 131118151 HDR
IMG 20210728 131120291 HDR
IMG 20210728 131123996 HDR
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

What kind of soil is that?
The miracle grow that you have has timed release food in it.
If you have some really old dirt that you want to bring back to life, work some of that into it and let it sit.

I want to drill some holes in those buckets.

HoleyPot
Last edited:
Frego

Frego

Same symptoms as mine random dark spots on leaves

I put it down to soil PH
Adjusted it with sprinkle of garden lime worked in the top

slurrey tests read 6.5 now
So I put it down to my PH the spots like yours

and for stunted growth I put that down to overwatering

and I agree with @ComfortablyNumb you just drill holes in your pots
Greatest advice he has ever given me, which i am eternally great full for and forever he is on my Christmas card list

INDICAtive

INDICAtive

I feel like that plant in the 3rd pic is a male. If those are reg seeds And the same strain/bag...just a hunch. Keep an eye on that if so. Def dont go more than .5 strength on the Miracle-Gro. I would just get some cheap nutes like GH floraseries 3 pack. I can send u a chart i follow at .5 strength for that. It works great. Eaaaaase in the nutes. Its so so so much easier to fix deficiencies compares to toxicity

CaptainCLE420

CaptainCLE420

Update on my plants. I used fox farms trio and got great results. Thanks to all of you giving good advice I've had great results! They started budding. They aren't as big as I hoped but I'm going to say it is because I started feeding them to late but I'm happy with the results. Posted a few pics of them. The one of the actual plants are from a couple weeks ago so they did get a little bigger and the buds are filling out nice. I also posted a couple close ups on the nugs, can't tell 100% if they are ready or not. Definitely a few Amber trichomes but this my first time so don't want to pull them to early or too late. I know they are a little blurry, used a magnifying glass and my phone but maybe you guys got a eye for it. Let me know what you think?! As always thanks for all the feedback.
IMG 20210905 110808244
IMG 20210920 135733055
IMG 20210920 135626922
IMG 20210920 123251462

CaptainCLE420

CaptainCLE420

Quick video. I been low stress training them for a while plus super ripped them early on. I fucked one up super cropping to late and snapped it but I propped it up. All the leaves from the point of cracked died but I let it go. They all grew back later and now it looks great. But ya other than that been pretty smooth.

MasterUnvailed

MasterUnvailed

I think you should go out and buy fox farms ocean forest or happy frog and plant them in that. That soil is specifically made for cannabis. That should get rid of any issues, that’s all I use and never had any problems. Also don’t water them as much. Seedlings don’t require a lot.
Being that his babies already have buds on them, I'd chill on switching the soils those girls for this round. Fox Farm soils can be good, but are still subject to not being equal in quality batch by batch and are far from immune to common cannabis issues. Now, next grow around, may be a time to tinker with pot size and soil type :) If fox farm trio worked well, give a look to Floranova Bloom from seed to harvest. Have used that in soil and DWC and have been happy. Or go full on organic. :)

Top Bottom