Wonky leaves, PH? Deficiency? Environment? Please help!

• Thread starter Ganjaface
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ganjaface

Ganjaface

I do not see any critters. I do see that the leaves are beginning to produce trichs from stress.
How often and how much do you water?
Okay thanks I didn't know the underside of leaves could produce trichrome bulbs. I see no stalk to them so I thought those were all eggs.

They are 5 gallon pots, so I was watering 1.5 gallons every 2-3 days and would get decent runoff. Things are screwed up now after flushing some pots stayed damp for a while

Ganjaface

Ganjaface

When you flushed, you washed out all the food and stuff that makes it.
You need to recharge the soil.

1. Recharge; www.realgrowers.com
2. https://southernag.com/residential-products/garden-friendly-fungcde-12x1-pt/

Use both of these to get your soil working again.
After flushing I fed back at half strength nutes.
But for sure I saw the recharge mentioned earlier in combo with ffof and I may honestly try that next run. Super sad to see this one spin out of control the way it has, and still be uncertain of the actual root cause.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

After flushing I fed back at half strength nutes.
But for sure I saw the recharge mentioned earlier in combo with ffof and I may honestly try that next run. Super sad to see this one spin out of control the way it has, and still be uncertain of the actual root cause.
The cause is likely overfeeding. I see it often in soil that is using liquid nutes.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Growing is slowly being legalized around the world and especially in America. The sheer number of new growers is amazing.
What you are experiencing is my biggest complaint about mixing soil and other nutes. The more people growing, the more this comes up.
I discourage it unless you know what you're doing, its too easy to mess up.
And there is almost no way to stem the tide of new growers sold a package just to make money.

Ganjaface

Ganjaface

Growing is slowly being legalized around the world and especially in America. The sheer number of new growers is amazing.
What you are experiencing is my biggest complaint about mixing soil and other nutes. The more people growing, the more this comes up.
I discourage it unless you know what you're doing, its too easy to mess up.
And there is almost no way to stem the tide of new growers sold a package just to make money.
Yes the more growers the more errors that can be made. The same could be said about musicians or anything in the world. The more people learning to do it, the more mistakes will be made.

Ive had many successful cycles in my room with the nutrients I'm using. Yes nutrient companies want to make money of course.

Any constructive input here is greatly welcomed and appreciate...

I'm sure every grower ever has had a crop that's taken a hit, it's part of the learning experience. I love cannabis and growing it so I'm not ashamed of fucking up and asking for help.

Masterbling

Masterbling

I know it's been a while but have you ever figured this out? Running through similar issues.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

A combination of both and other factors.

When you overfeed, it builds up and clogs the roots. It has to be removed or it chokes the plant to death.
When you water too much it can do the same thing in a different way, but both can be fatal to the plant.

J

Jaydee86

Lights: HLG 550v2
Soil: Promix hp.
Nutrients: Mills

A few weeks ago my leaves started dying off, I thought it was a pH imbalance or nutrient lockout. I flushed my plants at 6.0 pH.
Things got way worse.

I then thought it might be a macronutrient deficiency, so I fed heavy, things seemed to be getting better, than again took a turn for the worse.

I am now day 15 in flower and my leaves are all dying.

My runoff pH last watering was 6.0
My runoff ppm was 1300

My room is about 82°F during the day,
And about 72° F at night.
I keep the c02 at around 1300 ppm during the day.

This has never happened to me and this is my fifth cycle. I am loosing my plants and can't seem to figure out why. Very frusterating.
I would love some feedback or ideas from those more knowledgeable and experienced than myself.
Thank you.
Looks like nitrogen toxicity.... Did you ever find the cause?

visajoe1

visajoe1

What do you use to "recharge" ocean forest blend ? I would like to try an organic run soon. I've read the nutrients present in OF only last 3 weeks. You use general organics and just feed according to chart?

Also I'll update this thread when I solve the problem for anyone else who experiences this in the future. Going to water heavy today, and two days from now I'll give a light feed.
I resuse my FFOF. Let the pots dry out, shake off the rootball best I can, then pick out any remaining root balls.

Add dolomite lime and azomite per instructions on box and mix. Done.

Lime keeps the soil buffered and azomite replenishes the trace minerals nutrients doesnt have. Also topdress some azomite before flip

When soil volume gets low, add more FFOF/perlite

Top Bottom