Wood Ash/Cresote for Cal....i'm working it out

• Thread starter surrealife
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
surrealife

surrealife

Wood Ash is 70% Cal
pain to work with. I am crushing, then I filter, add water.
keeping it about 11g/ 10gal, water is fairly opaque, like rootbeer.
no probs yet. just don't need Cal in everything. I do my Mag separate now.

Wood ashcresote for calim working it out

Wood ashcresote for calim working it out 2

Wood ashcresote for calim working it out 3

Wood ashcresote for calim working it out 4
socalpunx

socalpunx

wood ash thats oldschool right there thats what my uncles always did and im not sure but I also think it will be like a p/k boost thats what my uncle's originally used it for,I should get in contact with them and learn what all they did with it and used it for

surrealife

surrealife

hi,
this is from some organic gardening..piece. your uncles are right
Applying wood ashes also will raise soil pH. Wood ashes contain up to 70 percent calcium carbonate, as well as potassium, phosphorus, and many trace minerals. Because it has a very fine particle size, wood ash is a fast-acting liming material. Use it with caution, because overapplying it can create serious soil imbalances. Limit applications to 25 pounds per 1,000 square feet, and apply ashes only once every 2 to 3 years in any particular area. At this rate, your soil will get the benefits of the trace minerals without adverse effects on pH.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
HA HA HA HA HA HAAA!! Hubby's done that a couple of times now, too, with the new grill.

surrealife

surrealife

the dogs liked it
im so sad, its 70, and im cold....burning some bio in the wood stove right now,

no wait, im busy making all naturally organic fertilizers while researching at the same time
gotta be positive

surrealife

surrealife

pfff, that is the first ingredient,
and, i have some new esidens in the barn
BATS,
homegrown guano
did you know that depending on which country you get it from...their normal diet varries
different NPK values...
i have 0-7-0 here(in a bag) 25yr grower...nuhuh... always 7--0-0
ahhhha dude, looky here man
ohhh, kool bro
yep

or something like that

Shamus

Shamus

word i was about to say i thought it actually hurt the soil mix without pre "charging" it

imma start adding 5-10% homemade biochar into the mix. i was assuming plant meal minerals will be takin in as well? just for the fact it helps the microherd if anything

surrealife

surrealife

heh people...hi,
ive been liking my soil mix, farmer compost, made around the way, and aged horse bedding...any saw dust wood chip type
doesn't need anything for a while, 2-3 months.
would be too rich if i added something.
kinda wanted to see what would drain out.
K, Mg,, P then Cal, the N , looks like the order,
more from root binding...i use concrete pins and a chain saw file
my well water is pH 6.5. that i think does help.

peace

socalpunx

socalpunx

Dont mess with bat poop my ex girlfriend was some bat biologist and they are infested with rabies its no joke she had to get all kinds of shots just to be around wild bats theyre crap is diseased infested

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
is biochar like a granola bar for plants.... how much?
Biochar is more like a kitchen for microbes, and they're the plant's short order cooks and line cooks. Shamus' amount, 5%-10%, is pretty good. Some folks buy purpose-made, some make it themselves (still waiting to read more on that from Microbeman), including in the open air (I'll have to look for the link, tried it myself but there's a technique to it that I haven't had a chance to work out because burn season ended), and others just cabbage some of that Cowboy brand wood charcoal and crush it down.
Dont mess with bat poop my ex girlfriend was some bat biologist and they are infested with rabies its no joke she had to get all kinds of shots just to be around wild bats theyre crap is diseased infested
I just learned last week that there are vaccines for rabies. Fucking WILD. My food-safety self doesn't like the idea of using bat guano in teas or handling it with bare hands, but the plants go fairly apeshit for it.

surrealife

surrealife

hi,
yep, getting colder. lot of pine here. had a wood cutter remove alot of native that were in my face, so i have lots
if i could trust someone for $10 bucks n hour be great, not sep/oct

LOL, bat guano. threw the bag out, but it's processed..maybe pasteurized and dried.
anyways, i ran out of rock phosphate, P is P, got 11lb bag, so, it is soil amendment but the excess, well, can't waste

but what i really wanted to say is....
i misspelled something earlier....
to quote myself..." i have new residents...in barn, BATS.
was going to make my own...lol
they are good for insect control.
i guess a horsefly carried away a 3 month old child this year up here....
and the grizzly skunks...whooowo
plus, i just downloaded world war Z

rabies>>> seamaiden..?
are zombies wreal?
thy'r scary

Top Bottom