Wood Or Pvc?

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shawnery

I have a 5x5x6 tent that I just used for my first grow and I found it to be way to small. I found there to be just enough room for the plants and grow supplies let alone a human.

My ultimate plan is to build my entire two car garage into a four room grow operation. I'd like to build one room at a time until after 4 crops I should have the entire system built. By this time I should have enough experience and understanding to be able to handle a 500sqft operation, I hope.

I'm not that great working with wood but with the right build plans I can follow any directions. On the other hand I love building things with pvc and find the process very simple.

I'd like to end up with 4 10x10x8 rooms with one hallway connecting all 4 rooms down the middle. So when the garage is open you would walk straight down the middle to get to each room. Pvc would take up so much less space and be alot easier on my back. One other issue to be aware of is my broken back from racing motorcycles.

Better question might be, do you think it's possible to build a top notch grow room with pvc?

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I have a 5x5x6 tent that I just used for my first grow and I found it to be way to small. I found there to be just enough room for the plants and grow supplies let alone a human.

My ultimate plan is to build my entire two car garage into a four room grow operation. I'd like to build one room at a time until after 4 crops I should have the entire system built. By this time I should have enough experience and understanding to be able to handle a 500sqft operation, I hope.

I'm not that great working with wood but with the right build plans I can follow any directions. On the other hand I love building things with pvc and find the process very simple.

I'd like to end up with 4 10x10x8 rooms with one hallway connecting all 4 rooms down the middle. So when the garage is open you would walk straight down the middle to get to each room. Pvc would take up so much less space and be alot easier on my back. One other issue to be aware of is my broken back from racing motorcycles.

Better question might be, do you think it's possible to build a top notch grow room with pvc?
hell ya i do,not only that a emergency break down doesnt take any time at all,build them bitchs like a greenhouse,side by side run your exhaust inline and out

K

kansabis

Both have their pros and cons,pvc would be cheaper,easier especially for you and like oldskol said alot easier and quicker to take down if/when needed. Wood would be more structurally sound and probably create more controlled environments but ima toss my .02 towards the pvc for your situation.

Top Bottom