Working In Ghana

• Thread starter Oregon Grown
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Oregon Grown

Oregon Grown

In October I will start working 2 months on 1 month off in Ghana. I have done some reading and it seems that marijuana sells for about $3 an ounce. Anyone been there that can tell me what the quality is like?

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Haven't been there but it appears they treat it like Jamaica. It's all illegal but widely accepted. So selective enforcement ftw?

Quick google search:

In Ghana, smoking of India hemp (marijuana) among youth is high; it is the cheapest and widely abused drug. At Agbogbloshie, a suburb of Accra, numerous youth from the northern part of Ghana smoke India hemp. In Dormaa Traditional Area of Ghana, there is high rate of India hemp smoking among the youth including school children. 21.5% of 15-64 year olds smoke India hemp. The contradictory thing in the case of Ghana is that Indian hemp is illegal in all forms – private or public consumption, possession, cultivation or sales of the drug. Yet, the smoking of Indian hemp continues to skyrocket.

http://www.marijuanatravels.com/countries/gha -this is a good link-
Laws and legal news about marijuana in Ghana
All related activities in terms of marijuana are illegal in Ghana.

The police are more focused on their traffic problems than security ones. This means that the clubs and other public locations are not really closely monitored. However, don’t attempt to some inside clubs and bars since there are still some security personnel here.
Where to buy weed and marijuana seeds in Ghana
If you want to buy marijuana, you can try the beaches around Ghana. Near Accra, there are a lot of rastas there and they can share a joint with you as long as they think you are cool. You can also get a hold of a guy selling cigarettes in front of clubs and they would know someone who can offer you marijuana. You can also ask the taxi drivers. You can also go to Labadi and meet people there who can deal with you.
Prices and more information about cannabis in Ghana
You can get a piece which is about enough for a joint for 0.1 Cedi or 10 US cents. You can even get 20 to 30 grams for only 3 Cedibut only if your hook up is good and a local knows him.

There are a lot of home grown varieties here. They are mostly grown in the bush and with good quality. You can also get some imported ones but they are more expensive but still relatively cheap in terms of other countries’ prices.

In the West African region, Ghana is probably one of the best locations for a smoke. However, make sure that the place is safe when you travel there. Also be polite here because you are only a tourist. Make friends with the locals and this would surely go a long way. Also don’t mention the price that you normally pay for a joint of cannabis in your location because the tendency is that their prices would also increase.

http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/Cannabis-is-legal-in-Ghana-but-Lawyer-419205

Oregon Grown

Oregon Grown

LocalGrowGuy thanks for the links. That is pretty much what I read. I was thinking about putting some in one of our shipping containers but decided against it after reading about availability. I assume it will be mostly sativa due to the proximity to the equator. Our project will last at least 2 years so I'm hoping that I will be able to meet some people in that time to get some good seeds.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy thanks for the links. That is pretty much what I read. I was thinking about putting some in one of our shipping containers but decided against it after reading about availability. I assume it will be mostly sativa due to the proximity to the equator. Our project will last at least 2 years so I'm hoping that I will be able to meet some people in that time to get some good seeds.
I'll mail you some bird seed. Another option might be a concierge or bell boy or taxi driver.

I guess I'm spoiled but asking for herb in non-med states is a lot more work than I thought.

Oregon Grown

Oregon Grown

If I can't get seeds that's no big deal, there's no shortage of good cuts in Oregon. It would be nice to know if the weed is any good there before I go. The only chance I will have to send weed there will be when we send our shipping containers. I'm pretty sure I could hide a couple pounds somewhere in our equipment pretty easily but I don't think I want to try getting it there any other way. If it's not very good I guess I'll appreciate it more when I get home.

xavier7995

xavier7995

There are quite a few really interesting varieties based on African landraces, would be a missed opportunity to not sample the local wares. If you find some pot, I would imagine it would be seeded and not that pretty to look at, BUT it could also be outstandingly unique in flavor and effect.

...or you get your organs stolen and wake up in a bathtub full of ice cause its africa and buying drugs in the 3rd world can get really sketchy really fast.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
There was an episode of Weediquette where Krishna spent some time in Ghana. It was very interesting!

Oregon Grown

Oregon Grown

I haven't watched weediquette, I'll have to check it out thanks. I will will be there long enough that I should be able to find smoke that doesn't cost a kidney. I won't be bringing any with after reading the penalties, it's not worth a minimum 10 years in prison.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

I haven't watched weediquette, I'll have to check it out thanks. I will will be there long enough that I should be able to find smoke that doesn't cost a kidney. I won't be bringing any with after reading the penalties, it's not worth a minimum 10 years in prison.
Just use your prison wallet.

Top Bottom